Two days ago, and on most days, I am thankful for my crock pot...any one of them. A year or two ago I received my biggest one yet from my MIL for Christmas. It made me happy. A couple months back, Keith accidentally dropped it in the sink and cracked it. It made me sad. It is hard to prepare dinner for my family when we are always on the go and never home. I've joked before about how the bigs at least eat decent meals at their dad's and Kyle does at daycare. Whew! The thing with the crock pots is, with a knob, you can only cook it on high or low but you have to watch the time. It's perfectly fine when I'm only gone a few hours but not for ten! I picked up a new style last week at Sam's {the store will be the death of me} and I am majorly crushin' on it! It has a digital timer {I am slow to accelerate} and can be set for ten hours...or for eight and then it goes to warm! Plus the lid locks on tight so no sloshin' around and ultimately ending up on my van carpet on the way to pot lucks. Hot diggity dog! I can now be sure my family is well nourished any day of the week. And that makes me happy!!
Day 6...Emotion...
I waited the whole day for this and almost had to cheat and take a pic today. I had an ethics class yesterday morning {so much for throwing out the potential cheat} and then I voted. I had one million things to do to get ready for the Hall of Fame banquet this weekend and needed to run errands and find my pennants from last year. And that was all before three! I got home at one, ate some lunch and promptly became sick! Not sure if it was what I ate or if I came down with something but it was no fun! And it prevented me from going anywhere! Last night, before the boys went to bed, I decided to play around with one of my picture apps on my phone and took these strips. The boys were having so much fun and I, being on the hunt for the "perfect" strips of them, had to stop and think and take in the moment. Yes indeed...the perfect emotion to be so thankful for. I have decided these may be the best pictures ever taken of my boys. ♥I finally read an entire book for book club and was so looking forward to finally getting to go Thursday night. Having been sick yesterday took an extra day away from me...one I didn't have to spare. I will have to rethink my plans. I am in desperate need of getting my display taken care of for the banquet this weekend. I work well under pressure, although you cannot tell by watching me or listening to me up to thirty seconds prior to starting, but I get 'er done for sure! I have to have it ready by Saturday morning, which means Friday night and since I want to go to a gathering of friends, it means by Thursday night, which would mean TONIGHT if I want to still go to book club. Ha, when I put it that way...book club can wait another month! I am in no way ready to make the display happen! Last year I was out celebrating the night before...until pretty late, and remember sharing two bottles of champagne...I also remember talks of going to Target afterward to pick up last minute frames. I traded that in for an early rise at seven a.m. to run to Meijer instead. What can I say...I may be last minute {where everyone is in a panic over something not getting done...most of you can relate to that feeling with me} but I've got it handled! No worries!
No comments:
Post a Comment