11.05.2012

Days 2, 3 and 4...

Day 2...Household item...
 I imagine this is a strange household item but it is in my household and I am grateful this was invented.  Otherwise I would either look like a raccoon daily or I would always look like I just woke up.  Either way, love the invention!  And who knew I would be thankful for such a thing?

Day 3...Friends...
 I totally cheated on this and I got these days in the wrong order, but on purpose.  I knew I was having lunch with these ladies on day three so I kind of cheated.  I also cheated with the picture.  Yes, I am guilty.  It may have been awkward snapping a quick pic at the lunch table and besides, to be honest, I forgot to think about snapping a photo.  Instead I enjoyed spending some quality time with the ladies.  Thinking back, the last time I spent actual friend time with either of them was to see One For The Money...last year.  If I am forgetting a time since then, I am worse off than I realize. {but maybe the movie was this year}  I miss our trips to Traverse City and I miss hanging out with them at sporting events.  Our kids have taken semi-different paths relating to sports and with coaching, I didn't get to sit and socialize in the stands this past fall.  Friendships are so important and I need to make the time and put the effort into all of mine.  Kris said she was glad I was persistent in us getting together.  I am too.  I appreciate these friendships and am so lucky to have Kris and Kirsten in my life.  I appreciate you two.

Day 4...Technology...
It seems funny I should, or would, be thankful for any sort of technology.  Because of technology, my kids have never truly learned how to have a telephone conversation with another human, {"May I ask who's calling?"  "Ugh...{like duh} her best friend...!"} I no longer write handwritten notes to people and I fall prey to texting conversations to others instead of actually speaking to them.  However, yesterday I didn't have to put any thought into my choice because without this handy dandy gadget I would not have been able to take the online survey for church that I totally forgot to do all of last week.  I would have felt terrible if, during church yesterday, the pastor asked the congregation again who has taken the survey and I, again, would have made the squinty face that I did last Sunday and was called out on it for...again.  Does that make sense?  It doesn't matter, really, because I took the survey.  Thank you, MiFi.  I adore you.

Andrew received his plastic baby for the weekend.  Pat and Jen had to put up with the every-two-hour cries but maybe it wasn't so bad...at least while they were sleeping...since they all sleep on different floors.  It definitely must have affected Caleb, however, since last night he requested to sleep in the basement. Plastic baby slept in a laundry basket next to Andrew's bed.  I thought she reminded me of Moses. ☺  At four thirty this morning I heard plastic baby cry.  At first I thought it was part of my dream but then it went on too long...I hopped out of bed to make sure Andrew woke up.  Didn't need him failing at the very last second.  Of course he still may fail since, as I got ready to jump in the shower this morning, I noticed Andrew's bracelet on the counter.  I thought it was strange that it was there since he never forgets to put them on and next to the bracelet was the key to plastic baby!  The one that turns her crying off!  It was the worst shower ever because I was racing to finish so I could get the key to him!  The baby cried at four thirty, which meant she should have cried at six thirty but since it didn't, I was sure it was crying {non stop} on the bus!!!  Add to that Caleb had already called me while I was driving home from the bus stop and he didn't answer when I called him back.  I just knew Andrew was getting kicked off the bus!  No problem though...the  baby started crying at school and the teacher gave Andrew an extra key to feed her.  Crisis averted...as long as he still gets a good grade!  Andrew was sad to give plastic baby back.  He named her Jenna but I never heard him refer to her by name.  He just said he thought plastic baby was so cute.  Plastic baby {how many more times can I say it?} just kind of stuck.        

 I think this is the year I hang the boys' school pics on the wall!  Years ago I purchased these frames and since that day, They've never made it to the wall.  How horrible is that?  It's not as bad as finding out this year that I didn't even change the pics last year!  They were really terrible and I despised the company who took them.  Apparently it showed.  As you can see the color is still bad...very orangey.  Oh well.

No comments: