11.21.2012

Days 16-20

Seriously...

K and I spent a quiet weekend together.  It was superb.  Since we weren't home, or dining out with anyone, I chose to be thankful for the idea of a dinnertime ritual.

Day 16...Dinnertime Ritual...
 We are not all together too often so it makes mealtimes tough to spend together.  I bought new bar stools and am painting the old ones so I moved them out to the garage, {from the kitchen}which forces us to eat in the dining room.  It is a space I often take for granted and it currently is not being used for storage...just for eating in...together or alone. {I am also thankful for that money sitting there...it has made early Christmas shopping a breeze}

Day 17...Nighttime Ritual...
I cheated again with taking this on the wrong day but that's because Kyle wasn't around on the 17th but this happens each and every night at our home.  Of course the sweet sentiment was lost on this night considering I was holding a camera up in front of both of them.  I swear I have twin seven year olds!  I imagine the night will come when Kyle doesn't need his dad lying next to him to read a story...I think K may enjoy this even more than Kyle...if that is even possible.

Day 18...Favorite Quote...
 So it really isn't a quote, and some of it is missing from the pic, but this little song holds so much meaning to me and has helped me through a lot.  I'm grateful to have even been given the opportunity to share it with a couple others.  The words are simple but the meaning behind them is some powerful stuff.

Day 18...Favorite Photo...
 I am pretty sure there is no need to explain why I chose this photo.  Geesh, I love these boys to the moon and back and this picture, although not so great in instagram, tells the entire story.  I look at the bigs and see Kyle in each of them.  It warms my heart considering our family dynamic.  They are the sweetest things in my life. ♥

Day 20...Family Pet...
We don't have a family pet.  To be funny I considered taking a pic of the fur ball under my bathroom vanity but considering I am supposed to be grateful for this thing, I figure I should play nice.  Since we don't have a pet, {whew!} I am instead grateful for the freedom to make my own decisions.  That in itself is an amazing luxury and I am afforded it here in America.  The fact that I chose this to talk about may seem so petty but in real life I am finding it is still a luxury...
I super duper love this cut!  My hair is pretty long.  It hasn't been this long since after Kyle was first born.  It is not a becoming look on me but I haven't found anything that excites me in a really long time so I've just been growing it out.  Blah.  I ran across this in a holiday mag yesterday and was instantly stoked!!  I don't know if I will do it next month at my scheduled appointment or wait til the mid-winter blahs kick in but I am in serious like.♥  It's strange to say I am lucky to have a hubby who doesn't care what color my hair is or what it's length is...he likes it all.  I take for granted that I can do whatever I want with it, because after all, it is my hair!  Apparently it isn't that way for all ladies and I think that makes me mad.  Or sad.  Or maybe, just maybe, I'm offending someone who may just think that I am rude to not consult with my other half about my hair decisions.  I guess I never thought of it that way...Who knows.  Lucky for me, I don't have to figure it out. ☺{btw K..do you likey?}

No comments: