I have to be honest and say I was not too grateful Saturday for what I was supposed to be thankful for. But I also have to say that I was especially grateful my display turned out for the banquet and that family members of the inductees wanted to take my displays home with them. That melts my heart. ♥
Day 10...An Indulgence
The thing about shoes and purses is you just cannot have too many and no matter your size, they always fit!! {and check out the best-of-both-worlds indulgence...my shoe purse from my cheerleaders!}
Day 11...A Hobby...
I thoroughly enjoy this hobby and although I haven't been able to sit and partake in close to a year, {again!} I am so thankful for whomever decided to invent this pastime. I cannot help but smile just looking at these memories. I have already planned to take a personal day next week so I can get that mess in order and enjoy more of our past.Yesterday, for Caleb's health class project, we participated in organized fitness as a family. Our original plan was to spend thirty minutes, as a family, getting fit together. We originally planned a three mile bike ride and a one mile walk. {can you guess who planned it?} We veered off the course a bit and first rode three miles on our bikes and then played football. I admit I only made it two miles because it was the first time on a bike since my tailbone incident and it was on fire! I was nominated all-time quarterback...thankfully! Our game only lasted twenty minutes so the boys could shower and head out to our next big event.
Our church family organized a Kring Sing for a long time family of our church. The Krings have been my parent's neighbor forever and they just purchased a home this summer to move into...their dream home. Right after, or maybe even right before, the Mrs. was diagnosed with cancer and it isn't good. It has spread through her bones and basically everywhere. We met near their home and walked to their yard and sang, caroling style. It was an overwhelming moment and, as I held the song sheet for Kyle to read, I was suddenly overwhelmed with emotion and love and couldn't even sing the words...I started the crying right then. When we finished, we, as a church, held hands and wrapped our group all the way around the Kring's home to hold them and their home up in prayer. Wow! As our turn came around, my heart exploded with pride, compassion, love, sadness, joy and anything else possible as first Caleb, then Keith, then Andrew prayed aloud for this wonderful family. I was so taken aback, bawling like a silent baby, {is there such a thing?} that I couldn't pray myself, and had to pass. I am so blessed to have my family. They always seem to amaze me. What a way to spend this season of gratitude. Definitely blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment