I LOVE FALL! I love the smell of the air, the sound of leaves bustling, cozy sweaters and scarves, hot cocoa and mittens, cuddling, cozy fires, football games and cheering under the lights. {okay so maybe I don't technically cheer anymore but I used to love it} I still get so excited to be down on the track and sometimes it takes all I have not to run and tumble and jump! {okay, sometimes I do jump, but not that kind of jump} I'm pretty positive I get more excited than my girls do!
Trying some new things as the new fall coach has proven to be interesting. Not much is really catching on but I figured that heading into all this. I will not give up. Baby steps. It will be worth it in the end I'm sure. One idea is Best Fan in The Standz...one adult spectator, showing outstanding spirit in the stands, is chosen weekly as our best fan...{you get the idea} I find it fun that all our fans are friends of mine...and I didn't help the picking process...not even one time! Yay, friends!
Another idea is Fan Of The Week. Same idea, only choosing one student each week and rewarding them with silly string and beads! Oh, and pics on the sideline both with the girls and alone. The individual pics will be posted in the high school this weekend! I am way behind with that project but I finally just met up with the principal last week. {do now, ask for forgiveness later} I have a big project ahead of me this weekend. Thank goodness for my Cricut.
The third idea I won't get into because it is still a work in progress. The fourth is bringing music to the stadium pregame, including fun tunes and the fight song. The music happened last night but late {oh well} and the fight song never happened at all. I think I might have to hire a professional. {Andrew} By the end of the season, I hope to have all kinks ironed out.
We decided early on to do some sort of community give-back and I wasn't sure what to do. I had some ideas for winter time and some other ideas I have done before and wanted something new. I was thumbing through a BHG mag and noted that National Day of Service was September eleventh. Fitting. I semi dropped the ball but it was hard to come up with something different but able to be done by girls who aren't yet old enough to drive. I decided in the shower {I do all my thinking there}the day before to ask Wesco if we could pump gas and wash windshields for their patrons. I did not know of the law that prohibits people under the age of sixteen from pumping gas but I was awarded the windshield washing. I assured Wesco people this was not a fundraiser and no money would be accepted by us as tip money. I was told that no solicitation could occur, and when I started to repeat that we were not asking for money, I was interrupted with, "No...you know what I mean." Well I didn't...but then I did! Wowza. We perched downtown so we were most visible. We got lots of honks and waves and some patrons too. The girls had fun and felt like they did something nice for others. We will definitely be doing more fun stuff.
Big trucks were no match for my girls...they totally used their resources!
Little did the girls know that washing windows builds monster muscles!
I had the pleasure of working a little with the 1962 undefeated football team. I met one of the guys in charge at a golf outing two summers ago. He asked me to help him with the big fifty year reunion that was already slated for the fall of two thousand twelve. Fun. I had done the alumni tent the fall prior and my name was mentioned to the man as a liaison of sorts between his group and the school. Anywho, with us getting a new AD this year, I was really not of too much help so I fit in where I could. The night of the event was amazing. Spirits were high. There was a definite buzz in the air. People were everywhere. The weather was perfect. It was a definite rush.The only thing stopping the night from ending perfectly was the outcome of the game. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
Speaking of not winning them all...this is what happens when two friendly cops, whose children attend rival schools, happen to be neighbors...
This sign was posted at the end of our driveway, along with the North Muskegon baseball hat. This is what happens when you mess with the Vikings...{according to Kyle}
And this is what happens when your mom is a cheerleading coach and you want in on the action...
I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why Kyle put dots between the words. Then I remembered...my girls' banners read, "Go.Fight.Win." Ah. And he obviously paid attention to other details, too, since his "s" in Wildcats looks just like the ones on the footballs I made.
The rush...it's fall...and I LOVE it!
















No comments:
Post a Comment