So much has happened this summer and I miss blogging terribly. Honestly, I am looking forward to fall because I will truly have some free time. With Both K and I coaching and Caleb playing football, we are crazy busy {so busy that I forgot about planning for Kyle during the season} during the week but weekends look marvy...at least according to the calendar. Unless I've scheduled something fr us, we are hearing crickets come weekend time. And I love it. I will finally be able to get some projects done {like painting the front door} and I am totally looking forward to pulling out the scrapbooks and dusting them off. Finally...a fall we get to enjoy!
I found some shots from this summer that I didn't yet share. Kyle enjoyed hanging out at Coach Zweigle's house playing ball. Totally in his element. Dressing like the big boys. The guys are always so good to him. Mr. Malbouef, Mr. Russell and Coach Aardema played basketball, cornhole and catch with him and coach Zweigle let him use the varsity equipment and even let Kyle take home an old bat, hat and ball. Why didn't we make it to more happy hours this summer? lol
It happened. It totally happened. I celebrated my twentieth reunion with classmates in mid August. I totally tried to plan some grand shindig {maybe not grand, but thought out and fun} but in the end it just didn't pan out. I was okay with it. I was more concerned with people thinking I didn't put my time in than with my efforts not coming to fruition. We had planned for a weekend event. When the day finally came, I almost didn't go. It was a long day at camp and I was emotionally exhausted. I changed my mind last minute and headed out. Friday night we met up at the Red Rooster for drinks. It was a small turn out but I laughed a ton. K met us out there and I'm a little embarrassed to say we closed the place down. Saturday most of us made reservations at Crosswinds then headed to the beer tent, where seriously I think we were the oldest ones there. How did that happen? We ended the night at the Pub and, again, had an awesome time. I laughed and laughed all night long. It is great to know that not much has changed in twenty years. It was as if we all just picked up right where we left off. Now I want to reunionate every year. My house, peeps. {we live so close to the Rooster, ya know}
Skipping ahead, and maybe for good, we celebrated the last holiday weekend before school with a little tubing and grilling and kick balling. As it always goes, our first tube popped on blow up, our second tube never blew up and we were down two units of floating. I bought three rafts for the boys. K and I were going to float on a borrowed air mattress but then I thought of Kevin, who would have had to also float on a raft and asked if he'd want to trade me. Once they got over floating together on one mattress, both K and Kevin were relieved to get what they thought was the better deal. Yeah, buddy. Three quarters of the way down the river, their mattress was punctured and they had to walk the rest of the way. Holding my breath for an hour so I didn't tip over on my junior sized pool raft was totally worth it for that reason alone.
After getting sand out of most crevices from both the river and the beach, we grilled out with friends. I believe we were totally full by the time we actually ate dinner. It was another long day of fun and laughter. Later we played kick ball with a soccer ball and of course the adults lost but that's because the game was rigged.
Afterward, the oldies {and Nate} played football against the babies. I'm guessing the oldies didn't fare too well...but what do I know?
I may be totally off the mark but it looks to me as if there was a little cheating going on...


















No comments:
Post a Comment