5.21.2012

May Day...

{And, as always, I am posting a saved post weeks late.}

Life is moving along. Spring sports are in full swing.  Caleb has his first ever job of reffing when needed for youth soccer.  I cannot believe my baby is not quite a baby anymore.  I say it all the time yet I still cannot get over it.
With our crazy sports schedules, neither Keith nor I can seem to cover all games every week.  K is coaching Kyle so it is even more tricky.  Fortunately for us {not Andrew} quite a few of the tennis matches have been cancelled due to weather.  We are making it work.  It's strange to say it's a good thing there are four of us {parents} to cover most events.
Kyle is totally loving baseball and he is understanding this year that he isn't the team and he's been good at staying close to his own spot, playing his own position.  He is so crazy mad right now that he has to miss a game in June because we are heading to Boyne for the weekend.
One of the assistant coaches is very organized and is doing a great job of making a schedule every week of the positions each boy will play each inning.  It's great to make sure these boys are playing all positions and getting a taste of it all. 


I was surprised the other day when Kyle asked if he could bring the chalk outside.  He typically wouldn't waste his time drawing when he could be playing ball but I guess this time he needed to be sure people would find us...although by the time they find our road off the main road, and find our driveway, and drive down what the garbage man thought was another private road, I imagine they already know it's our house.
Last Friday Kyle and I had yet another discussion about him learning to tie his shoes.  He said he was so embarrassed because he thinks he won't be able to tie his shoes when he's a dad.  I told him if he'd just work on it over and over again, he could have it down by the end of the weekend.  He tried.  And tried.  And tried and tried and tried.  And, by golly, he was able to tie his own shoes by Sunday afternoon.
I'm so proud of him for being so persistent.

In an effort to reduce, reuse and recycle I pulled this armoir out of the basement to give the boys some extra storage space for, of all things, their clothes.  Thinking of painting it a fun turquoise color...
Like maybe this color?  Oh how I would love to spray it with paint but I'm not feeling it unfortunately.  Thankfully my mom has two used quarts of paint that are different variations of this color so I think I'll mix them together and see what I get.
If only I could get my kids to work for me without me asking.  Ugh.  It's so cute to see Kyle take out the trash at daycare without being asked but really?  He cannot even empty the bathroom can into the kitchen can without a semi-fit.  Whatever.
Do you find it strange that as young as three, Kyle was fascinated with driving?  K let him drive home from our mailbox. {with help of course}  At three!  And it's a mile and a half from our mailbox to our house!  After that, he wanted to be dropped off at the end of our driveway to run home.  Every day. Most recently he decided he wanted to get out at the mailboxes and run home.  I told him, "No way!!"  I was not about to let him run home alone.  He talked me into letting him run alongside my van while he ran home.  Unbelievable.  It may seem strange that I am taking a picture while my son is running right next to my moving vehicle.  Believe me, I had one hand on the wheel and no foot on the gas pedal.  I was able to hold my camera with one hand and click it with the same hand all while driving one mile per hour.  Talented, I know.  I told him I wasn't doing it again any time soon.  The driveway is plenty...especially when I have to drive behind him.  He may be fast for his age but he isn't so fast compared to a motorized vehicle.

1 comment:

Keith said...

With two baseball players and one tennis player, I see where they get their hand eye coordination with camera skills like this!!