5.09.2012

The basics...

First of all, blogging basics...
  1. type
Ok, that's that.  Pretty self explanatory.

Second, Caleb is unofficially registered for his first segment of driver's training.  Officially, my payment needs to be received.  That should happen in a day or two.

Third,  Kyle is a trying kid.  But he's also a riot and when I'm not totally at my wit's end with him,  he makes me laugh my butt off.

Fourth, I want to quit my job and peruse Pinterest.  For the rest of my life.

Fifth, about every quarter of every year I get in a little over my head.  With everything I do.  Right now is quarter time.

Sixth, Kyle really truly thinks I am older than dirt.  No kidding.  Like literal dirt.  His comments and questions kill me.

Seventh, life moves rather quickly, whether I want it to or not.  Caleb will be in high school next fall.  Andrew will be in eighth grade.  Kyle will be in first grade.  All day.  People say once your kids are in high school the four years fly faster than the first years.  In two years, when both of the bigs are in high school, their little brother will be in his last year of Shoreline.  The littles elementary school.  That slows things right down.  And makes me laugh.

Eighth, I need a mental health day.  I'd like everyone to be gone from the house and I want it to be dark, rainy and thundering.  What a great day to be buried in a book.  Or I want a bright sunny day, with no wind and temps in the upper 70s or low 80s with little humidity.  That way I can read on the deck.

Ninth, I need a make-up day.  Rain would be good for that, too, so I am not tempted to go outside and read on the deck.

Tenth, I need a family day. A day that I have no commitments, and neither do my family members, so I can spend QT with the ones I love. {before they all graduate}  I'll settle for camping in two weeks.

Eleventh, I need the first two days to happen rather quickly because we are camping in two weeks and we haven't even summerized the camper, let alone cleaned and stocked it!

Twelfth, I know amazing people.  People I can count on for just about anything.  The staff luncheon was a super success yesterday and I couldn't have pulled it off without the help of truly wonderful women.  I am blessed.

Thirteenth, I am blessed.  Blessed with family and friends and a place to call home and a job and a reason to always be busy.

It's truly fitting that I end here at thirteen, saving the best {and my favorite number} for last.

No comments: