4.26.2011

Lotsa...

Okay, so I'm totally attacking something this weekend. {or someone if they get in my way}  My Pottery Barn hardware arrived yesterday.  It was a fun surprise.  I am super excited to put all that stuff together.  I can also keep on with the mirror.  When painter guy came over last week, I think he put my block sander in with his supplies because it is gone.  Guess I should have gone next door during lunch.  Oh well.

I'm also working on my plan of attack in the dining room.  One of these days I'm gonna post the befores and afters of sooo many projects.  Just sayin'.  I have an idea I want in place before the Mother's day festivities take place next weekend.  I've actually drawn up a calendar of what needs to get done between now and next Saturday.  I haven't thought about putting house stuff on there.  Til now.  Staff App and the walk are taking precedence on the list but my house needs some lovin', too.

Did I mention we basically ripped apart the laundry room?  And that all my supplies that used to be hidden in a cabinet are scattered all over the floor?  And dryer?  Add this to the list.

And then there's the living room.  I moved my furniture around and have a big gaping hole where my new tv console and two chairs will go.  The problem is I don't have the console.  And I don't have the chairs.  Details.

I posted a bit back about totally revamping my kitchen.  My hubby faught me tooth and nail over it.  Kind of.  And then he didn't.  He told me to do whatever I want {which he always says...the inside is mine.  the outside is his} but he evidently didn't mean it because he got so super mad at me over making plans for us with our friends.  Are you kidding me?  He is the social butterfly of the century.  He was so mad I didn't run it by him first.  Because I never do.  Whaaaat??  I figured out quickly that he obviously had something else on his mind.  The Kitchen Reno.  That's what it was all about.  Lucky for him the tile I talked about getting back from a friend already had its use set and so there we are.  K said we could rip up the tile in the entry and reuse it in the kitchen.  We're both a little nervous about that.  So I have let go of my dream to get rid of that pesty intrusion in the middle of my kitchen so that the whole business functions properly and instead have settled on new grout, paint, countertops and backsplash.  Sigh.  I guess it's still plenty of work.  I have promised {with fingers crossed} to wait until the other projects are done to start this one.  Looks like I better pull an all-nighter!  Since I keep stalling with all projects in my life, I will at least share some of my inspirations...

This seems like a strange choice for the bath but this is just an inspiration photo...


With all the hard lines in my living room, I really want a soft lined coffee table.  Found one on Craigslist awhile back but never followed through.  Recently I found a table that might work at an antique mall in GH.  Still contemplating...


I've been toying with this for months but had no idea where to do it.  The painter guy freed up some space for me and I think I know right where these are heading...{got the frames for Christmas from Larry}


I just found this on Craigslist.  Emailed the seller to get the dimensions...50-58"x38"+???  The downfall is it lives in Lowell.  {and I can reuse the pulls}...


Another Craigslist find.  Looks like it just needs to be refinished and it's good to go...




Okay, enough with the ideas.  Easter was super great.  We didn't have the bigs for church.  Bummer.  Kyle looked handsome.  I swear I made a deal with the devil when I promised him I would only make him wear a sweater vest for Easter and possible Christmas every year.  Two times each year.  At most!  He'll remember that til the day he dies.  He wanted K to wear a vest.  I laughed.  Thankfully he doesn't own a vest.  Instead, however, he wore a sweater.  A burnt orange color.  With black pants.  I was married to a pumpkin that day. ☺


The church service was wonderful.  The choir accompanied the musical group and the sound was amazing.  The church was full, which I haven't seen yet first service.  Kyle still enjoys it immensely.  Cannot complain about that.  Afterward, we visited with K's family for a few hours.  His parents just made it back from Arizona a couple of days before and we were all so glad to see them and know they made it home safe and sound.  Later we picked up the boys and headed to my parents' house for an egg hunt and dinner.  We definitely did not go without.


No comments: