4.20.2011

Catch Up...

{hey mom...where are my pretty eyelashes? huh? huh?}  Isn't my sister sooo pretty?  She's gonna read this and make some smart comment but who cares?  She's just so pretty. ♥

Saturday we celebrated Andrew's birthday with my fam at the bowling alley.  I'll host a steak and lobster dinner next year instead for the price of bowling!  Holy cats...our family's total came to twenty two eighty and we were a kid short, bowled only one game and I brought my own shoes.  Shut it!  The price I paid was well worth it in the end.  Yeah, I was high scorer.  Yes, I beat everyone.  And Keith even had practice from the night before.  One fifty four, baby!  I know.  Y'all are jealous.  It's tough being me.


 These yahoos just wanted to be part of the action...


There's something nostalgic about bowling and bowling alleys to me.  Boy, I love me some Ashley TenBrink!


After bowling we all headed back to our house for cake and root beer floats.  My sweet son gave up ice cream for Lent, so after serving floats two nights in a row, I promised him an ice ream sundae from Mickey D's on Easter. {his choice}


Do you want to know what I realized Friday night?  I realized kids get louder as they get older.  And stronger.  Andrew had some friends over and I swear my house was going to cave in.  I curse my hubby for ever letting kids use my basement as an arena for sports.  This year no ceiling tiles were broken , but the carpet detached from the stairs at the "safe" spot.  And I swear I should print a disclaimer and have all parents sign a waiver stating I will not be held responsible for torn and totally trashed pants and socks.  It happens every single time.  Poor Jack wasn't even wearing a sock Saturday morning.  He was wearing an ankle warmer.  Where did the extra toe material even go??

The painter came this morning.  Poor guy...he's probably still there.  I forgot to leave him the actual paint.  He wants to patch some settling cracks in my ceiling and that paint is original to the house.  I have every paint can left from the previous owners.  I brought up nine cans of white paint.  Three are the same white, two are another same white, and the rest are all different whites.  Good luck, painter guy.  i was so involved with those cans I totally forgot to get the new stuff out.  Oops.  Serves me right to stash stuff in the garage instead of putting it all away.  He got to see all my dirty little secrets. ☺

The good news is I will have hand print-free walls...for at least a week.  What totally sucks though is that we have plaster over drywall and every little tiny nail hole is now a big mess.  And the toggles that were placed to hold screws to hold my mantle and three other shelves have left craters in my walls.  I can see the ocean through them.

Super fabulous news...I think I have come up with a solution for my hardware dilemma in the bathroom.  I gave up on what I wanted because I couldn't get anyone to answer my questions so I am settling, but not really, for something new.  I finally found something wide enough to cover my current holes instead of something that measures less than a quarter inch bigger than my current holes.  Super fab.

Pottery Barn offers these in satin nickel, which I bought, and I picked up three large pulls, two small pulls and two knobs.  I opted out of the hook...didn't need it.  And bonus!  I got free shipping to boot.  Cannot wait to get those babies on their drawers and doors.  One step closer to ending this year long project.

Someday I will post all kinds of befores and afters...I promise!

No comments: