4.18.2011

Doom Pa Dee Do...

I totally didn't plan to blog today.  No, wait...I totally did but then I forgot my camera and my notes at home so I was going to leave this for another day but now...NOW I need to blog NOW!!

Andrew attended a theatre class during spring break {i think i mentioned that}and was given the opportunity to try out for one of two summer plays afterward.  He didn't "qualify" to try out.  He just had the opportunity for open casting calls and it just happened to be right after his classes finished up.

{ah, yes i mentioned it...i posted pics of his wacky costume}  Anyway, Willy Wonks Jr. is a musical and Alice In Wonderland is a play.  Both auditions happened at the same time.  Actors could try out for one or both.  Andrew decided to try out just for Willy Wonka maybe based on my advice to keep his summer open.  He received a call-back for last Tuesday.  He was so excited.  I told him {and Keith and Kristin} that it was too early to get excited.  A call-back could be for a number of reasons and I didn't want any false excitement leading to crushed spirit.  That was last Tuesday.  Saturday we received another call requesting another call-back.  It's hard to not get excited, but again, it was too soon to tell.  He went back in yesterday to do a little more singin' and readin'.  He's been looking forward to today for more than a week.  Today's the day parts are divvied out.  This is what I just received in email...

Andrew, I would like to offer you the role of one of eight "Candy Kids" as well as an "Ooompa Loompa" The Candy Kids have a couple of numbers and the Ooompa Loompas have four numbers. Please let me know as soon as possible whether you accept or decline these roles.


Your first "Candy Kid" rehearsal is Friday, April 22 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Nuveen Center in Montague. Your first Oompa Loompa rehearsal is Monday, April 25 from 7-8:00 at the Nuveen Center. (8697 Ferry Street-Montague) You can see an entire cast list on the Nuveen website by the end of the work day tomorrow. (Tuesday)

I am looking forward to working with you. Alice Gambel

I am so proud of him.  He's gonna be awesome. ☺ 

Two parts means double the rehearsal time.  I figure I already don't know where I'm at, where I'm going and when I'm supposed to be there, so this is going to be cake.  {please shoot me with a stun gun...it's the only time I'll be standing still til mid june}  Nah, I'm not complaining.  I'm super excited.  Just comes with the territory, ya know??

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

WooooHoooo!! Way to go Andrew! Super excited to see him "in action" this summer!

krisrakephotography said...

Way to go Andrew!! It looks like the Rake's have some plays to attend this summer. Between Andrew and Andie. :) Fun Fun Fun.