FUNdue was delightful as promised. Poor Sara came down with a migraine so she had to stay home. She was sadly missed. We were all in the dark regarding the fundamentals of fondue. Between Kristin's advice and Johanna's googling, we made out A-okay. We had a TON. OF. FOOD. A ton! {don't pay any attention to the raw chicken that made it's way into the pic below...oops} Yummytomytummy!
Jo asked us all earlier in the week if we were interested in the MJ Experience...as in Michael Jackson. I had no idea what that meant. What that meant was a dance-a-long. And once we were done with MJ, we moved on to Just Dance 2 and danced our hineys off...til about two a.m. Need less to say I was stiff the next day. Everywhere. Not really sore, just tight. But now I'm intrigued...{it's fun being the one with the camera...no surprise shots of me!!}
Saturday I obviously slept in and then got ready for our long day. I picked up Andrew from his ACTs while Keith headed to Fremont for Caleb's free throw contest. Meanwhile, we picked up Aidan and took in two soccer games. After, the kids were interested in Chuck E. Cheese {and I in Maurices} so we all scored. Well, maybe not Keith.☺ Later we headed to GH for the last {ball} game of the night. The boys played awesome together. Caleb did a great job...I wish he could have pulled it together during the regular school season, but whatever.
What a great day Sunday. The bigs called me at seven thirty to wish me a happy birthday. Kyle must've wished me happy birthday thirty times yesterday. He was so sweet. He was also heartbroken when I told him we weren't having a cake. I told him we'd bake and decorate cookies instead. Satisfied. Or at least he was. I wasn't once I saw him licking his fingers in between frosting and sprinkling each cookie. I frosted my own, thankyouverymuch!
Kyle filled out his Valentine cards while I stuffed goodies into bags. He had originally intended to make cards for his teachers, but that was before I cut them all out. America's Funniest Home Videos was on.Kristin called to ask if I had a cake. When I told her I didn't, she replied that I needed one. She said I needed to do something different than I've been doing every other day since it was my birthday. I told her I did...I cleaned my house! It was funny. She requested I send Andrew over to pick up cupcakes. Five red velvet cupcakes for me. Oh, and my family.
I found the perfect Valentine gift for Kyle this year...a candy bar with the sentiment, "Happy Valentine's Day, Dude." Perfect. I bought three because it was just easy and because, quite frankly, it's how we talk at home.
Getting ready for bed last night, I saw this...
I always kindly remind the boys to put their dirty laundry in the basket. Apparently I need to be more specific about which basket to put it in. My bad. It couldn't possibly be their mistake!




No comments:
Post a Comment