2.16.2011

This And That...

Yesterday was hair cut day and my boys needed hair cuts!!  Future appointments are scheduled for every four weeks at the end of each appointment.  I had to cancel their appointment four weeks ago and couldn't get back in.  Another four weeks later...
 Poor things.  Once the cuts were done, I couldn't help the flashback that popped into my mind from my childhood about the time my dad shaved off his beard after having it forever.  Kristin and I wrapped ourselves up in the sliding door curtains and laughed hysterically, silently to ourselves. {while the curtains just shook}  He looked like Beetle Juice.  The same thought crossed my mind yesterday.  It has only been eight weeks but I was totally cracking up {in my head} over how little Caleb's head looked.  He kept telling me it was too short.  Annie has always used a two on his head.  I may have even used a one and a half on him when he was younger.  She made no mistake.  Those poor boys would love to grow their hair out but neither are cut from that cloth.  One has crazy straight hair like mine and just grows out...straight and blah.  The other has wavy, textured hair like his dad and the longer it gets, the more of a pouf he sports on top of his head.  Attractive.  Both look like they are wearing toupees when they attempt to sneak out of the house with their hair slicked down.  I know it's cool to wear the longer hair...it just ain't happenin' here.  Sorry boys.  I love you too much to have you look like fools. {cuz' you ain't got the purdy hair ♥}

So I was minding my own business, working extra hard this morning at the office {don't laugh} when I heard a horribly loud crash at the back of the building...
 Yowza!!!  Thankful nobody was on the sidewalk.  I Ran to the back door as soon as I heard the noise, but hesitated at the same time over what {or whom} I would find.  Scary.

I don't know how many "Vikings" read this blog but thought I may as well post this here anyway.  The Middle School Environmental Club is selling sport bottles and recyclable shopping bags.  The bottle prices range from three to eight dollars each, which is a steal, and the shopping bags are two dollars each or six for ten.  The money is going to a great cause and everybody drinks from water bottles, right?  The small one is plastic, the middle nalgene is BPA free and the large is stainless.  The middle is my fave...in case you needed to know!
You'll have to use your imagination with the bag.  Picture a Meijer bag, only in red, with the Whitehall Viking logo on the front.  The bags even have the bottom insert to make the bag more sturdy.  All are great deals.  Please consider picking up something for yourself. ☺

Today is the day before the eve of our Traverse City trip.  Too excited!  'Wondering about snow tubing in this 47 degree weather, however... but I will not complain about saving almost one hundred dollars so if there's no snow...there's always the mall!! {and my kids look forward to mall shopping every February...no lie}  Am I packed and almost ready to go?  Do zebras have green polka dots?  Not only am I not ready for the trip but I have church tonight and a ball game tomorrow night and a tax appointment set for Friday morning...and I'm not ready for that either.  Puh-leeaassee...

No comments: