So if you read my last post and are thinking to yourself, " Polka dots? Is she crazy?" Have no fear! It simply means I made the fix before you made it here. {slacker you}
Last night was crazy busy. I had half a million things on my agenda and that was before adding basketball practice to the mix. Pat has been out of town this week so I've had my bigs.♥ I'll of course never turn that down but when Caleb made the comment to me Wednesday night that he'll be at grams this week more than with me, I felt sad. The sad fact of the matter is that since I don't ever have them on Mondays and Thursdays I tend to have other things going those days. Monday they should've been home but as it worked out, Keith's schedule was changed for the week which already put a damper on my Monday plans without the boys. I don't think Caleb understood my reasoning but Mondays are a night I do something for an hour that I really need to do for myself and if I skip it, even for perfectly legit reasons {the boys}I know I will skip it for other reasons too. It sounds selfish I imagine, but it's the way it has to be for now.
Wednesdays the bigs go to grams after school for homework and dinner before I pick them up for church. Thursday was just another one of those days...I was going to get out of work, pick up Kyle, {I already had the bigs} drive home, feed the boys, turn around {that quick almost} and head to basketball, head back home and head back to basketball at bedtime. Now typically it's no big deal for me. I always say I'll do whatever I can for the boys...until I cannot. Last night I had to bake, finish gifts, prep food and wash a special load of laundry for today. I didn't see any way for me to add all the driving to the plan. {remember my hubby was working} I planned for Caleb to spend the afternoon at grams again so she could take him to practice. Thankfully for Caleb {although he loves his gram} he decided to stay for the volleyball games with a friend and then went home with him for dinner and a ride to practice. I am thankful for a great family. I am also thankful for great friends. {thanks, Kris...and we owe Connor a dollar☺} problem solved.
Oh, and how could I almost forget to throw this atcha...I was collecting clean laundry for games and dad and put them in a pile. I put Andrew's ACT identification papers and booklet on top of that pile. On the dryer. I started a load of laundry, walked away to collect dirty laundry, came back into the room, dropped clothes in the washer and guess what caught my eye? In the water? In case you're unsure...it was the ACT papers and booklet! Now come on...could this $#!+ really happen to me twice? You betcha!
Fundue tonight! Heading to the ball game with Kyle while Keith chaperones the Valentine's dance. Afterward we're doing a switcharoo and I am headed out for Fun, Fondue, Friends and reFreshments! It's for my birthday, folks! I cannot wait to use my brand-new-had-for-three-years-never-used-but-often-thought-about fondue pot. Oil, cheese and chocolate. Oh, the fat free calories I'll be consuming. ♥ Once-a-week-worth-it calories. Where's my stretchy pants?!
Another big day ahead tomorrow. Andrew's ACTs are from 8-12:30. I'll be picking him up while Caleb heads to Fremont for another free throw contest. We'll be picking up a buddy on the way to Isaac's soccer game. {Kyle's turn for a sleepover} After, Andrew plays one of his last games of the season. Then we'll be in search of a sledding hill in the Norton Shores or Grand Haven area to play on until Caleb's game in the pm. I'm already exhausted and want to go to sleep! Ahhh...sleep. Another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment