It's been a pretty silly slow day at Northland. I've had plenty of time to think about what I'd like to blog about today. ☺
As my tree still sits, empty, at the corner of my living room I realized last night that I'm doing waaaay too much outside of my home. Appalling is the fact that Christmas totes are still in my dining room, hand-me-downs are still in bags next to the front door and Allison's mattress has made it's way there as well. She only lives next door but do you think I have any time to get it to her during her awake hours? Keith and I make jokes about it because crap is always piled at the front door to either take to someone or to take downstairs and Pat comes two morning a week to drop the boys off and lately he comes across the same stuff every visit. Finally last night, Keith said to me that we need to stop doing so much for others and do more for ourselves. Typically that should mean getting away and doing something fun. In our case...not so much. It's hard to stop volunteering. And I imagine I won't. I volunteer because, without volunteers, the kids suffer. All of them. It doesn't even have to pertain to sports. It can be volunteering for anything. The other reason I volunteer is so I can pave the way for my own children. I do it for them. And lastly, I do it to teach them about being giving of their time and resources. Lately, though, I've fallen way behind. Possibly more behind than ever. I still haven't caught up from my three weeks of sick. Point of the story? Next week I am almost totally free until Saturday. Getting it all taken care of. Finally. I'm doing the happy dance. And maybe volunteering to help the Environmental Club sell items at a ball game to earn money for projects the kids {Caleb included} came up with at camp in November. What a cause. How can I refuse?
Yesterday I ranted about the school ski trip on FB for a bit. LOVE the school ski trip. DON"T love the stress I allow myself to feel over it. My friend Fran called it stress energy. I like that. I tend to have a lot of it. And typically I can get a lot done. Or at least talk a mile a minute. ;) Anyhow, my stress over an accident seems to get the best of me on many occasions. After talking it out on FB I actually let it go. I knew plenty of parents who were on the trip and would know if anything happened. Everything else was out of my control and, just once, I was able to deal with it. Caleb skied twice last year. Andrew has never tried. Both were wildly excited about going. Both had a wildly exciting time. I promised them both we would go this winter. Even with my freakish, controlling ways I told Kyle I want to get him out on skis, too, because I've certainly done the bigs no favors by protecting them the way I like to. I planned for a day in February {it's hard having them two weekends a month} and wouldn't you know it...I planned the trip for Super Bowl Sunday!! I didn't know it at the time and, of course, when I tried explaining it to Andrew he couldn't figure out why we still can't go. Yeah. Okay so we have to try again.
The big game is tonight. Selling admission tickets and running 50/50. Should be a great night no matter the outcome. GO VIKES!!
No comments:
Post a Comment