*Winter cheer may be gone from Whitehall, but I was crazy to think there would be a lull. I am selling 50/50 for all varsity boy's ball games, Keith is driving for and supervising the morning weight program, we are both working the door for four games coming up, {free annual passes for the fam} and Caleb starting taking stats last night for the boy's team as well. Sigh.
Caleb had an under bite, corrected by a retainer. Today's ortho consult proved a little more costly. X-rays, pictures, moldings and eighteen months of top and bottom braces will yield a premium of, as Caleb quoted, forty eight eighty. Yowza. Good old insurance covers a whoppin' 30ish percent. Dang. Pat asked me if I thought he really needs braces. I have personal issues with the situation. My dentist said I didn't need them and my bottom teeth are jacked. UP.
Just kidding. That's totally jacked up! But sometimes I feel like this. Caleb has a cross bite on top and crowding on the bottom. Cannot do one without the other. Big decision to make. Okay, so not really. It seems like a no-brainer...
*There are only twenty three more days until we leave for TC. WOOT!! Cannot wait. This year we get to leave Friday morning because I have no coaching commitment. Snow tubing this year. Can you say fuuuh-uuunnnn?!
*Although youth sports don't require a physical until school level participation,{seventh grade}Andrew needs one in order to play tennis. I'm new to tennis so I don't know the rules but I called my doc to see if his wellness check-up from last summer will suffice and guess what? It's good all year, baby. No extra appointment. No extra cash. Life is good.
*Speaking of Andrew, he is in desperate need of an ipod touch. {his opinion} I was thinking about it yesterday and wondering if it might be a gift in his future. I don't know about other people, but I do not spend that kind of loot on birthdays. Let me rephrase that. I do not spend that kind of money on birthday gifts. By the time it's all said and done, I've spent that amount on party stuff and a gift. Every time. Easy. So I wondered if I might tone down the party a lot this year and buy him one. Last night, at the game, he mentioned, again, that he really wanted one. I told him I'd think about it for his birthday IF worked his tush off until then to earn the extra one hundred. That's a lot of work. Andrew agreed to it but I don't think he gets the concept of what will be involved in earning one. hundred. dollars. I don't know which way I'm leaning but to throw in another curve, I'm thinking of offering Kyle a "job" for the next few months also to earn some money to pay Andrew for his nano. I personally don't think a five year old needs a nano {he has a shuffle, handed down of course} but what a pain it is for him to get hooked on a song and then have him struggle to find it on the shuffle. Kind of a stupid product if you ask me. A nano would be ideal as he's learning to read. But even if he can't...I can. This way I'm teaching him a life lesson, getting him what he ultimately wants, helping Andrew earn money toward his new touch and teaching him a lesson too!! Win, win. Right? In the end, I'm still paying for the entire thing. And, how hard is it going to be to come up with a three month job {x2} worth all that money?
Caleb plays his first travel ball game Saturday. Without a practice. How crazy is that? It wouldn't be except he's playing with half of a different group of kids. From Montague...{☺} It oughta be a blast.
*Last fact...it's five pm. Time to fly. Stopping at GW Boutique thanks to a tip that there was and maybe still is a gigantic round table just waiting for me there. Cross your fingers for me...

No comments:
Post a Comment