Me this morning...wish I had a warning sign...{super suave in a dress}
Happy Monday!! I hear we are getting the storm of the year this week. Eleven inches Tuesday night plus a few today. Looking forward to a possible snow day Wednesday. Too bad I'll be working and not spending time with the chickens.
While in Illinois after Christmas, we stopped quick at The Container Store to pick up a few things. In my quest, I found this really cute photo display stand and had to pick it up.
Super cute. I haven't known where to put if {of course} so it's been just hanging out on my kitchen counter. Since we got back. Yesterday I was cleaning up and finally took a good look at the new photo display stand.
Remember how I said I was sooo upset because I could not find Caleb's admission ticket last weekend and how I was ruining his life and all that? Yeah, so I guess I put it here to make sure I could never possible forget where it was...Really, Jodi? My life.
Keith and I sold admission tickets Friday night. I've never done it before. Next year when I sign up I will be sure to check the schedule before I put my name on the list! It was the worst time ever! I kept running out of one dollar bills and everyone seemed to get to pay a different price that night instead of the same price. My lovelies worked their magic and helped me out BIG TIME. Sara jumped in with tickets and stamping as soon as she got there. Johanna and Chris took on 50/50. Jo got right up in the stands and rocked it! I snapped at them once and felt horrible and apologized for it. They were sweet enough to pretend not to have noticed. I also feel bad that they caught some slack for helping out at the game. It's uunbelievable that some adults can drive over the bridge for a game but don't bring their brains with them! Blah. The drink waiting for me at the Chamber helped quite a bit.☺ {thanks, Huiz} Now I'll be ready for the all day escapade Saturday when we sell tickets for five straight games. And Keith will be ready for poker.
The tree is put away. Kyle's curtain rod is fixed. The bathroom faucet was almost a go last night but was short a part. Soon, baby, soon. Have to get my ducks in order for the 3rd annual birthday bash coming soon. I've run out of time for the 70's party. Zweigle, don't worry. It'll happen. Hopefully you'll be out of class to enjoy it. ☺
I found an interesting post on a blog I follow. It's about this thing this lady does every early spring. I don't remember if she is Catholic, but she uses this practice during Lent. She calls it 40 bags in 40 days. She divides her house into forty catagories and tries to tackle a room {and thus a bag} a day of either trash or donating material. She saves her Goodwill bags and donates them at once. I am clearly not Catholic but being Lutheran I attempt a Lenten commitment every year. My kids are much more committed than me. Perfect. A parent always hopes their kids do a better job than they did.{do} This is something I can handle. I've decided that since my track record isn't phenom, I'm not waiting until Lent to start. I started yesterday and already have one trash bag and two goodwill bags. It's cheating a bit but I know there will be days when I cannot get to the issue. March tenth...here I come!





1 comment:
I have to tell you Jodi...you would be proud of me...I wiped out right in front of my cousin and her husband and of course Kevin and boys...fell right on my butt...I did have high heels on in my defense but seriously!!! I probably looked just like the polar bear in your picture....FUNNY!!
Post a Comment