2.04.2011

What Do You Do...?

Clearly Wednesday morning we were like many...snowed in!

It's funny.  My female boss always says she has to come in late or not at all when it snows because of all the snow she gets and has to snow blow to get out.  Finally, Kristin said something to her Monday when she mentioned it again about the upcoming storm.  If she cannot make it in, I certainly wasn't going to make it in.  We live in the same general area!

Anywho...
                                                               Keith's work car...
                                                                               My van...
                                                                        The man door...
 Keith trying to get  out the man door to "man" the fire...
 The truck...
 Keith...really?
 This doesn't seem to make any sense...
Whitehall's activities were cancelled Tuesday afternoon in anticipation of the blizzard.  Maybe a little premature but oh well.  Funny how school wasn't cancelled for Wednesday until around 11pm that night.  Keith knew he wasn't getting his work car out in the morning.  I asked him if he could take his truck for the day and he said he needed his car for surveillance so NO!  The news station stated that even local police agencies could be called off, with only the necessary people still working.  Case in point...Keith received his phone call early morning to instead of coming in at noon to avoid the rest of the storm, to just stay home.  What?  The poh poh gets the day off but I have to go to work?  Ha!  Not really the case.  Not once I opened the garage door.  I asked Keith to drive down to our road and then the main road to check out the situation.  Again I got a NO! because he thought his truck would also get stuck.  That bad boy was out shortly after eight to get the job done.  In the meantime Larry called to say we had two foot drifts at both our {work} doors and that he was going back home for a few hours and my boss texted me to tell me to just stay home.  WOOT!!  Well after ten thirty my cold, wet hubby trekked back inside.  We never left the house.  We never even got dressed. {except for Keith-he did both...loser}  Apparently our little corner of the world was much worse than the rest because our neighbor plowed our road and McMillan was fine.  Who knew??

Today is day six of my forty bags in forty days.  I have only two bags of trash, but I also have three bags for goodwill upstairs, three still downstairs, two and a half for my sister, and two for another donation.  Not bad.

Sleepover tonight.  Sleepover tomorrow night.  Keith's going to a wild game dinner tonight and a poker party tomorrow night.  I owe Kyle a sleepover as well.  Tons happening in the next few weeks so it won't happen for a bit.  He already knows Aidan will be his guest.  So cute.

No comments: