Is today the 7th? When I'm not working, I seem to be lost. Today was another big day. Spent the afternoon and most of the evening holiday shopping with friends. We've decided to do a staff brunch for the middle school instead of trying to do individual gifts. This year, in any grade level, kids can have any number of teachers in the middle school. The teachers aren't necessarily grade level teachers this year. Last year Caleb was on the big team and it was a bit easier to do a gift. I collected money {like in years past} to put together a big box of classroom stuff for all the teachers to use. It isn't so easy this year and then throw in a second middle schooler...chaos! Today I figured out how much money I can collect from the parents and put together a budget in my head an we went shopping. Bought some cute things, mixed in with practical, for the table and paper goods and came up with a semi makeshift menu. Now to collect the money and put it all together for Friday. Cannot wait. Andrew and friends {sounds like a show} met up at the Bolles' house to make a gigantic card for the staff. I cannot wait to see it. I'll share it on here when I can. I did get a small glimpse of it {thank you, Drew} and cannot wait to see it LIVE.
I totally ran out of money and my van goes in for time #3 tomorrow so I am forced to be done with gifts. Actually, I am 95% done anyway so YAY me! Kyle has five gifts, most of them small, but K always goes out on a shopping extravaganza two weeks before Christmas so I'm totally not worried. The one thing I still have to do for him is get a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet, spray paint and number stencils. I am going to make him a football field for all his football guys. Maybe then he will leave them in his room! Maybe.
The boys {minus Andrew} went to Shores tonight to watch the ball game. Andrew hung out at the TenBrinkman's sledding and playing. Much more his cup o' tea. I hope to slow down once or twice this month to actually do something with my kids...not just drive them somewhere. I have a few things planned in the advent boxes and I think they are kind of enjoying the random {silly} scavenger hunts in the morning. Truth be told, I had to do something because some of the candy didn't fit into those tiny boxes. This weekend coming up I have jammed a bunch of stuff into each day since it's the only weekend I'll have the bigs before Christmas and I haven't really had them for most of the last 4 weeks. Sigh. I've missed them terribly!!!
17 more days until Christmas Eve...
No comments:
Post a Comment