12.06.2010

December 5th...

Playing a little catch up today and pretending today is really the 5th.

Ha!  I figured out my tree lights!  I plugged A into A, B into B and C into C but only my middle section was lit.  This morning I decided to crawl under the tree {felt kind of like a car mechanic} to figure things out.  I found 4 extra plugs on the bottom and then another 2 in and around the tree.  I just started plugging one into another and BAM! an entirely lit tree!!  WOOT!!

Our annual family Christmas party was today.  Smallish in numbers but still a nice time.  Plenty of food, plenty of conversing, plenty of laughter.  Everyone brings a dish to pass and 2 dozen cookies for an exchange.  My mom decorated little houses.  Cute.


After the party, I so planned on helping set up the holiday store at the school but we were having issues with our boiler {NO hot water!} so I went home instead to take care of business. {aka...clean my house}  After an hour, we had hot water.  Hotter than we've had in some time.  Sigh.  It was nice not to have to pack a bag and trek to my neighbor's house to use her shower. {but thanks a ton, Kristin} Wink.


After picking up the boys {not my weekend, but had them for the party, then I didn't, then I did} we made a mad dash to Meijer to major power shop.  I told the boys I just needed to pick up stuff in the produce aisle for a salad I'm making for tomorrow and milk.  Oh and detergent.  And dishwasher liquid.  Needless to say, we started in the back and raced through every aisle to do a full on shopping trip.  It was done, however, in record time.  And all in a small cart.  Who knew?

Home in time to finish watching the Big Time Rush Christmas special, have a snack and head to bed.  All in a day's work.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How does that saying go...my shower is your shower or is that home. I think I like shower better!!!