12.03.2010

December 3rd...

Friday.  Today I am thankful for that. ☺  Looking forward to chaperoning both the Spanish Club dinner and the dance tonight.  I feel bad that Caleb is missing practice to go to the dinner but he signed up for it before basketball started.  If  he was required to go to practice, he definitely would.  I was happy his coach told him no penalties since he cleared it ahead of time.  I think 5 boys are in this situation.  Life.

Another thing I am thankful for is Warren Zweigle's Christmas tree.  My fascination started last year at holiday time.  I love to drive by every dark evening and see his beautiful twinkling tree standing front and center in the window.  It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Oooh...how could I let this slip my mind?  Andrew's Spanish Club design was chosen as one of two winning designs to be used as a logo on their club tees.  His design will be on the back of the shirt.  Way to go, Andrew! {and miss Andie, too!}  What have I done to deserve these kids?  Whatever it is, yippee me!!!

My post could not be complete without me telling about my random bad luck.  I took my van in to get new brakes yesterday. {I need both new brakes and new tires before my next oil change.} I hadn't heard anything all day so I called over there in the late afternoon.  Maybe I shouldn't have called.  Ray asked me what I hit.  When I told him nothing, he told me I was lying to him.  I started getting mad.  Not because he called me a liar but because as of morning, there were no dents on my front passenger side.  When he asked me again and I said nothing, he asked why my rim was bent and my wheel bearing was bent and my axle was broke.  Hmmm... I'm laughing right now because now the conversation seems pretty funny, but last night...not so funny.  The night before, on my way to church, I lost control of my van while turning to pick Caleb up after practice.  I hit the curb.  That's it.  I remember telling Andrew that I really hoped it was just my tire and not my wheel.  That's because it sounded bad.  But the roads were bad and I was busy and I forgot all about it.  Wondering why I didn't notice the van driving funny?  Yeah, so did Ray.  And my boss.  And my mom.  The roads were bad both Wednesday night and Thursday morning so I was driving slow, fishtailing and all that jazz anyway.  I was already driving funny.  Needless to say, I am now buying tires, a rim and an axle Monday and I walked out of my "brake" appointment paying 447.29. {not including Monday's premium}  Ah, I was also leaking brake fluid and needed new cylinders and pads.  Really?  Okay, I'm not surprised.  Nobody should be.

1 comment:

jennie said...

thanks for posting the good with the bad. I loath car issues. You are not alone on that one!