12.02.2010

December 2nd...

Last night, while waiting for the bigs to finish confirmation class, I scoured the books in the church library for something to take home.  I found a book written by James Dobson called Family Christmas {I think} and I opened it to see what was inside.  I was immediately pulled in by the stories.  I snatched it up to take it home.  A good cry on the couch, snuggling in the late hours of night, is always good for the soul.  I also picked up a few other books and hope to share them with the boys soon.

The Advent service was nice. We sang carols before the service started.  Loved it!  The only negative last night was poor Caleb had to wait until almost 8:30 for dinner.  After school he had to attend the Environmentalist Club meeting, then he had practice followed by class and church.  Whew!

I'm on day 4 of 10 of taking better care of myself.  I can already feel a difference.  My body feels different and so does my mood.  I like it a ton. ☺

I'm just maybe a bit anal about my Christmas cards and I have to get them out.  I always like Christmasy or wintry themes for my cards {except one time} with Christmasy colors.  I don't sway.  For whatever reason I was easily swayed the other night by my kids...all 3 took a vote.  They decided to request a fall pic I took of them as our card this year.  I only thought about it for a second or so.  Why not?  Settled.  Yesterday I was even playing around with {gasp} trendy, not traditional, Christmas colors.  I wonder what this means??  The leaf is turning...

The tree is finally up so I will get that decorated tonight and wrap more gifts.  A truly lovely evening...

No comments: