And so it begins. Went to bed ready for today. {despite the snow} Was a little giddy in anticipation.
Today is the start of the Advent season and in it's honor, I have put together a new advent calendar for my boys. I had fun filling it with treats, mini scavenger hunts and fun stuff to do.
this one goes without saying...
yummm...also super great as a punch with sherbert I found out recently.
sheet music and candles...new favorite Christmas obsession!! {as you can tell by our storefront window}
santas always!! this little guy is 3D but you really cannot tell. he pops out of the chimney.
soft, cuddly stockings. i bought new ones at the end of the season from pottery barn last year.
gingerbread houses...see mr. gummy bear walking up the steps to the front door?
Oh, and I have to share something I bought myself recently. Used it last night for the first time. Kids certainly say the darnedest things and for the life of me cannot remember most of them without writing them down. This book has a page for every day of the year for 5 years. It was originally intended for Kyle but it was Caleb who deserved the first entry last night...{the gist...}asking me to set a new standard for myself by being a better mom than the best {because I already am in his words}...by getting him a water. DOOF! I really do have the best kids ever. ♥
What are your holiday faves??








3 comments:
it has been forever since I even opened blogger, and today at coffee, Kristin and I got to talking about December Daily. So I took the plunge, played with the blog(which blogger has totally screwed up) and saw your post, December Daily!!! YEAH!!
One of my favs - my kids {still} placing their lists in their stockings, then checking each day to see if the Elves took their notes for Santa and placed a treat (or two) in there...
Are those googly eyes I see?? LOVE it, love it even more if you were saying it!!!!
Wonderful! Keep it coming.
Post a Comment