Okay, I'm totally getting my Christmas spirit vibe on...two posts in one day! Came home from Caleb's game {great job, Vikes!} to a sweet surprise...our first Christmas card of the season. I've been looking forward to it for so long. I always anticipate the first card and always know exactly who it will be from. I guess it marks the official holiday card season. Much love to the Lohman fam, well actually Stacey, for being so on it Every. Single. Year.
Christmas shopping started out fast and furious this year. I always have to wait to supplement my gift giving fund until K gets his school money and his comp check...usually to weeks before Christmas. I end up dreading shopping because I'm in such a mad rush that I don't find what I really want to buy and end up sometimes settling just to have a gift. My coaching check was split in half, but the first half always seemed to come after Christmas. This year K gave me most of his coaching check for presents. {and will bank his other cash later} This is a bonus since he's never been paid for his time before. ☺ Once the initial gifts were purchased, though, I hit a slump. There's always a few perfect gifts. But not for everyone. This year I hit it big at TJ. Tomorrow I'm planning another big trip to Muskegon. The trip isn't big...my loot shall be. I have taken trips to GR, Howell, Traverse City and small trips on my own and I am still fishin'...I have a renewed sense of hope today. Tomorrow will be grand!
Larry from work does a different kind of gift exchange it seems like every year. This year the gift {I think} has a limit on the $$ and has to be handmade. I've heard some great ideas from the past and really want to do that. I am in the midst of a few handmades myself. I love it. Just need more time. I have to get my advent "calendar" finished first. I guess I only have tomorrow. Ha! I picked up a book today and as I put it on the counter I remember thinking to myself, "I should check the price in case it's one of those..." Ah, yes...it was one of those! I decided to keep it anyway because I really think I'll be pleased with some ideas inside...
I came home to the smell of paint tonight. I had actually forgotten about the bedroom. Um, hellllloooo...I may be mistaken but I think it's done! I left Joe a to-do list which entailed filling nail holes, sanding,{both the spackle and other spots} taking down the wallpaper solar system thingies, priming the navy wall and painting two coats of paint. Amazing!! I'll show a pic soon. {memory card is still full} I also gave the O.K today to finish my buffet. HGTV's Sarah's House gave a great idea about how to make my "plumbing drawers" usable. Cannot wait to pick out a sink and faucet. Huh? An end in sight for the bath? What will I do with all my extra time? Fuhgeddabouddit.
Okay, so I'm giving myself the gift of 10 days. Starting today, for 10 days, I am totally taking care of myself. I figure I'd hate to fail while I'm so filled with joy so I set myself up to not fail. 10 days shouldn't be hard, right? Riiiiiiightttt...It's so foolproof that I imagine I've been here before. This time is different. I can tell. 10 days, right? Wish me luck.
Happy eve of the day before the first day of December. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment