11.29.2010

Woooooosh...

When the phrase "when it rains it pours" was coined, I wonder if it's author was speaking of the monsoons, because, really??

Today the boys' room is being repainted.  I can hear the angels singing.  I imagine its high time to get rid of the solar system that wasn't.  Caleb was never fond of it, even at 7.  I figure 13 is a good enough age to send it packin'.  I've had the paint chip for weeks and even in my hot little hands the other day.  Knowing the painter was showing up at 9 to pick up the swatch, I ripped my house apart last night but never found it.  I frantically ripped through Every. Single. Paint. Chip. I own and came up with 3 randoms...none too close to my own first choice.  Luckily, when Joe got here this morning, he had his paint book as well.  Although the brand was the same, my sample was not there.  Oh well.  We settled on another and all is well.

The current church situation isn't faring well.  I am really torn with my feelings and I really don't know what to do from here.  I really feel like I'm being pulled in a few different directions and it hurts my heart.  Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

I was totally L. A. Z. Y. this weekend.  Thursday was busy but then I never left the house again until yesterday morning for church.  I put up more holiday stuff and watched tons of holiday stuff on tv.  I was hoping to get my garage door fixed and my tree up, but...another shooting took place in Muskegon yesterday so none of it happened.

The boys spent the afternoon with gramma yesterday making gingerbread houses and decorating cookies.  Super great memories they will always treasure.  The house looked like a tornado had struck, but 7 kids {mine, the Tenbrinkmans and cousin Cody} had hand made gifts, gingerbread houses, decorated cookies, full bellies and irreplaceable smiles on their faces. {not to mention frosting and goo}  Priceless.  I wouldn't trade that for anything, even considering I didn't see my kids all weekend.



I did manage to spend a little QT with Caleb last night, however.  We tried like mad to get him situated with clothes for game days last Wednesday but ran out of time {with only a shirt and tie} and I haven't seen him since then so out we went.  We bought a pair of black pants, another shirt and tie, black dress socks and, last but not least, black shoes!!!  SCORE!!  He was looking mighty fine this mornin'.

{ooooh...bad color.  My little point 'n shoot is broken and my memory card is full on my canon}

Shopping was a hit.  Wish we weren't still trying to figure out Christmas and what our plans are because I could go HOG WILD shopping for him.  I kind of already did.  He's sooo easy to buy for.  Love it.  Andrew is fun too but I see a change in him.  I think it's middle school.  He has kind of put Alex P. Keaton on the backburner.  That makes me a little sad.  I think he's just trying out some new things and trying to figure out what's what and who he is and where he fits into the big equation.  He's gone from Alex P. to converse for all seasons to a semi-preppy pair of slip on mocs.  That and Hollister or Abercrombie tees.  Just getting comfy in his own skin, I guess.  I've said it before and it's worth repeating...I always tell the kids two things.  First, I will never steer them wrong and, second, I will do every possible thing I can for them...until I cannot.  So my point is this... if they need to try on a few different hats to figure things out, I'll just make sure to have coats to match. ☺

Happy Monday.

No comments: