Really, you don't wanna ask. I've had a tough couple of weeks religiously and I don't really know if there is an end in sight to the frustration, anger, hurt and overall feeling of nonacceptance and letdown. My kids are my world and I'll do my best to protect them, love them and raise them to be the men they are meant to be. I will not struggle with my choices or why I feel the way I do. However, the big fat question mark over my head right now is keeping me from wearing my hats. And, baby, it's cold outside.
Ha, speaking of Christmas, Kristin and I decorated the windows at Northland today. {complete with tunes from the Glee cast} The Holiday Walk starts tomorrow and we needed our windows decorated in time. Technically we don't at all since we are not part of the retail gig, but we make every effort to fit in. ☺ In case you drive by tonight or early morn, we are not done yet. It's pretty cool, though. Kristin wanted a fireplace in the worst way. We could not track one down so I pulled one out of my sleeve. {or the utility room in my basement} I think it turned out pretty cute. Will post a pic.
UPDATE: I purchased the buffet the other day. You know, the perfect one. Today I spoke to the lady who will pick it up, take it to her home in Coopersville, paint and finish it and bring it back to me. Super excited!!!!
Andrew competed in a Spelling Bee tonight. I believe he ended up 4th so he made his goal of getting a Book Nook gift card and making it to regionals. I believe he was 4th. I know he made his goal. Next stop is Remus, Mi. I've heard of it. Where?? Jen said 1 1/2 hours away? Dang. He was sooo excited. He's planning for nationals now. Dream big, buddy.
In today's mail were two letters addressed to the parent/guardian of. One for Andrew. One for Caleb. They were both chosen to participate in the Northwestern University's Midwest Academic Talent Search based on their MEAP scores. Caleb took the ACT last year. He can either choose to take it again or try the SAT. I see good in both. The only negative is the closest SAT test center is in GR and the ACT test center is at Reeths Puffer...5 miles or so from here. We'll chat. This is so fabulous for the boys and I am doubly proud.
Christmas is around the corner. Caleb's first ball game is the Monday after turkey day and Andrew's first soccer game could be as early as that following Saturday. 2nd season will be in full swing.
Hitting the outlets with girl fam Saturday morning. Hoping I get much of the shopping list taken care of. Do you know how hard it is to find Justin Dwieber loot? Ash has 2 shirts, a calendar and the doll I believe. {shhh...gifts} I thought I'd score at Walmart. Nope. What's an aunt to do?
The boys are all having a smallish Chrstmas this year... because we are heading to Chicago the day after, baby!! That's right. My big girl travel pants are coming out of the cellar and we're heading to the city with the 10% sales tax. Truly have never been there. We are all so excited. The boys are already giddy because their Aunt Michelle will be here to visit next week and they are headed to Chicago with the Tallquist clan. Never before, then twice in one month. Spoiled brats I tell ya. ☺
Peace out.
2 comments:
CONGRATS ANDREW!!! I am so proud of him. He set a goal and did it!!!
Don't let the church thing bother you, God has a way of working these things out!!! I promise.
Shopping is always fun., with or without Justin. I am sure you can find something gaudy that screams Ashley TenBrink. No worries!!!
Chicago is wonderful, as is Christmas. Just enjoy the season...STRESS FREE!!!
Great Job Andrew!!!Also congrats to Andrew and Caleb, you must be proud Mama!!
Jodi, I can't believe that you have never been there. You will love it. It is so pretty too during Christmas time. Too bad Heather is in Hawaii for the next couple of months, she could have showed you around a bit.
Post a Comment