12.10.2010

December 10th...

...and December 9th part B all wrapped into one!

Last night while I was getting all the party logistics set in my mind, Kyle decided to double up the tape on his wrapped gifts.  I wonder if he thought someone might peek. ☻  Things came together pretty well for me last night.  I baked, shopped, decorated and planned for the teacher's brunch this morning.  The only thing I didn't plan for was that Brooklyn Bagel people didn't want me picking up bagels yesterday...because they'd be day old bagels today.  I never really thought about it.  They baked me up some super fresh ones this morning...to be picked up at 5:45 a.m.  Um, I get up at 6:30 every morning.  Not 4:30.  The only hard part {so far} was going to bed early.  I had too much to do and am not ever ready for bed too early.  I was nervous.  I've been pretty full of energy all morning.  I expect two o'clock to change that feeling.  The boys got ready early to come along so I drove back to the house to pick them up before heading to school.  I had less than a half hour to set up {another story...but, yes, I was on time} but with extra hands, pulled it off before the first teacher came in.  SUCCESS! {too bad the coupon I presented to Brooklyn Bagel to get one of my three dozen bagels for free was actually from Big Apple Bagel!!}  I think the staff was very thankful for the thought put into the brunch.  I am thankful for friends who also believe these teachers deserve so much more than we ever give them.  They help raise and mold our children.  They deserve the world.  I enjoy raising my own children.  Other people's children?  Not so much.  Merry Christmas, middle school staff!!
                                                  {front of card...didn't the kids do GREAT?}
                                                                      {inside card}
                                                    {a really bad pic of really good food}
                                                                   {pretty foil snowflakes}
And Kyle waiting for Aunt Kristin to pick him up for school Tuesday...

Ball game with the fam tonight.  That is, after a little snooze on the comfy couch for the bigs, a cheater dinner at Caesar's, basketball practice and court for K.  I wonder if I'll last until Chamber time...

No comments: