I think I may be cheating a bit but it's hard for me to blog at home during weekends. We are so busy, not to mention I cannot get my photos to load from here. I am home {not well myself} with a sick kindergartner. Blah.
Friday night the boys and I went to the ball game. Made plans to go out for Christine's birthday afterward. Hit the Chamber and had a great time. I hit the wall, however, around 7 or so. I was focusing on the game...until I wasn't. One slight distraction and I was toast. I was watching a player, then I was watching a head move in the crowd. From there, I was just staring at random nothing. Tired. The boys stayed at friends' house. They were pooped when we picked them up. All sleeping on the couch. Rick held up a pair of jeans and asked, "Who's pants are these?" It was rather strange that Caleb had taken off his pants. I was worried about what we may find. I thought he got a little too comfy. He was in shorts. Apparently he put them on under his jeans. ?? We woke him up, he put his jeans over his shoulder, barely walked to the door and just stared at me, in a zombie like state, when I talked to him. He didn't get the concept of putting on his shoes. And when I told him to put his jeans on, he said he didn't know where they were. {over his shoulder} Rough night.
Saturday morning was Andrew's official start of second session soccer. He was geeked! He went out screamin' but tuckered out in the 2nd half. He blamed it on dehydration {even at 5pm that evening} and I told him I thought it had more to do with his lack of activity on a daily basis. He just smirked at me.
We all agreed to change up our advent activity for the day. K and I were B.E.A.T. and I could barely keep my eyes open so we took naps and the boys played for about an hour and a half. We got up, the boys and I cleaned, {to earn present money} had pizza and watched The Santa Claus and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. We all {5} cuddled up in blankets on the floor and watched TV. Ahh...perfect night!
Sunday we dropped the boys off at Sunday School then headed to breakfast with some fabulous folks. Afterward, we attended the Cantata at church. Glorious, as always. I wanted to sing along, and sometimes I did, because it was just a contagious feeling!
Later last night the boys made Christmas cards for the shut-ins at church. It was originally our Saturday project, but boy did we just feel like chillin' with movies instead. The boys had a lot of fun designing the cards. Okay, no they didn't. It was much easier for both Caleb and Kyle to use stickers instead. I pulled out a stash of scrapbook supplies I don't use anymore and they went to town. {I will update with pics when I get back to work.}
All in all a fun weekend with my kids. {and Andrew got to hit the slopes with the TenBrinkmans as well} The days are going so fast. Hope I fit everything in on time.




No comments:
Post a Comment