I, too, was awaiting the morning. I imagined, like every year in the past, that Kyle would wake up on his birthday and truly act another year older. Like some miraculous event would actually take place. I know better. On this morning, Kyle needed to be prodded. And prodded. And prodded. I think the birthday fairy wasn't finished turning him five yet. Poor buddy actually thought that since it was his birthday, he could still act four! Since I didn't allow it, he told me I was being mean to him on his birthday and then told me he wanted Aunt Kristin to take him to school. Funny kid. He didn't realize that at five, things no longer go his way. What a struggle. I even told him that I thought the birthday fairy forgot to turn him five and instead turned him three and to go back to bed and try again. He didn't appreciate that. At any rate, once he received a phone call from Aunt Kristin, followed by Ashey, he was in birthday heaven. "Happy Birthday, Kyle." "Happy Birthday to you too." It's the cutest thing ever.
Mmm...aren't these two the yummiest?? And watching them hold hands on the way to school this morning put me over the edge...super scrumptious.♥ {what five looks like...}
Happy Birthday, little buddy. Let the partyin' begin!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment