I wonder if my day could be any more random. Random, work, random, thoughts, random clothes. Random.
What a great time of year. I love fall but I'd like the 60 degree days to start in October. 70 is much nicer this time of year. Brrr.
{super fan}
I love football season. I like that Keith is coaching for Whitehall even though I never, I repeat never, see him. He is doing what he loves and devotes every cell of his being to football and the players. It's been so crushing from where I'm standing watching and listening to him after each defeat so far. I'm pretty sure he's having a hard time swallowing the difference between Catholic and Whitehall. He still says he's in it as long as the coaches will have him. He's grown quite attached to his players on defense and is very happy to be a part of the Whitehall football family. After the season opener game, we invited the coaches over. It was really nice to get together with them and talk the talk.
{courtesy of Mrs. Holden}
Speaking of football, Caleb's first scrimmage was last Wednesday. Did I already mention that? It seems like a lot of work needs to be done, but it's coming along. The boys are just excited to be out there playing. Caleb was back up quarterback and now, although he'll still see some Q time, he'll be a running back. He ran the ball 4 yards last week, which is unfortunately laughable, but I believe it was the furthest the ball moved in a single play. So, way to go, Caleb!! I don't even know what I took pictures of that day. I just really wanted to take some... The first day of school was last Tuesday. Boy, I am behind. Two of my babies are in middle school this year. Un-stinkin'-believable. The first day of school I took them to their new bus stop which happens to be in the driveway of a pretty new friend of mine. She told me I can drop them off every day instead of waiting for the bus to come. {last year, Caleb stood in the road during the winter because the bus stop changed from a driveway to a yard directly across the street. not good} Ironically, I did leave and I found out that evening that the bus broke down and another didn't pick the boys up until 7:35. They are the second to last stop. School starts at 7:30. Great way to start the year, {in a new building} don't ya think? {in case you're wondering, the bus dropped the kids at school at 7:29 the second day and they got to class at 7:32} Now we're rockin' and rollin'.
I've been {mostly} proud of Kyle this past week. He has gotten up pretty well for me in the mornings and, without much of a fight, he has gotten ready pretty much on time. Since I've decided to choose my battles with him, I have caved and totally let him rule the roost chosen to change my morning video game rule. It has always been that there are no video games before school. Ever. I even warned Kyle of the rule ahead of time. But after the semi-meltdown Friday, I started seeing signs of it again yesterday and decided I wasn't going there, on purpose, the rest of the year so I negotiated with him. He can now play video games until 7:45 if he is dressed, fed, brushed and gelled. Shhh...don't tell my secret to the rest of my family or I will have HELL to pay. {and, no, the meltdown was not about playing video games. it was much easier that way to give in}
This is priceless. On the first day of school, and probably never again, Kyle was packed and waiting patiently for me in the van, buckled in, while reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid. What a smart young 5er...
How cute is he, walking to his classroom semi-all-by-himself? Super adorable. And aren't those tennies so cute? They match his daddy's, you know.
A couple of weeks ago we celebrated the 2nd anniversary of my Uncle Al's 75th birthday. It was a nice little party. Kyle paid homage to the 70s which may have been a great year for my uncle. Who knows?
{how 'bout a little Tennille with this Captain, eh?}
{I'm not wearing a party hat, but that would've been festive...and a little photo editing would've been good for the skin...holy shine!}
Kyle is turning 5 next week. Already? Can't hardly believe it. I planned to have a party for him this coming weekend but the boys will be gone to church camp. Doesn't it figure that the theme was supposed to be a carnival? I can't really fathom running the thing myself. We've come up with nothing else for a theme so I've decided to go about it another way. I've turned to using color as my theme. I have some really great scrapbook paper from Stampin' Up {if you're reading this, Janine, and you happen to have any pieces of this left, let me know..Jersey Shore '08 or '09} and some really great decorating ideas so stay tuned. {as with the rest of my projects...but this one I have to actually finish!} Instead, I'm putting something together next weekend. A little low key with the promise of high end entertainment! {hahahaha...whatever}
















2 comments:
Jod,
I have looked twice and haven't found any. I really liked that paper too so may have used it up.
I'll keep looking though....
Janine :)
I found some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll get it to you quick as I can.
Post a Comment