10.05.2010

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting...

First thing first.  I see Blogger has updated again since my last post.  Not a fan of all my pictures being uploaded automatically.  Now I have to pay attention to what order I choose them.  Because of this new way of doing things, instead of backtracking, I will have to start first with the oldest of our news.

We threw an impromptu party for kyle the evening of his 5th.  He made a valid point of stating he should have cake on his real birthday.
 For this reason, I made due with what I could find for the party decor.  The hit of the party, however, was the fabulous popcorn courtesy of Wesco.  Dad was a huge fan.  He couldn't get over the fact that it may have tasted even better than Montague Wesco's popcorn.  It came from North Muskegon.
 I think of all the gifts Kyle received, he enjoyed his bow the best.  He even asked, and pouted when I turned him down, to wear it to school the next day.
 Can anyone else puff their cheeks like this?  He looks like a blow fish.

A few days later Kyle had a couple of friends and his cousins over for his first ever birthday party.  It didn't go as I expected it to, but as my age is showing, I really didn't care.  I had it planned to eat right away, followed by cake and ice cream.  Then the kids would play games and open presents.  Plenty of pictures would be taken and la di da!  Instead, the kids broke into groups with one playing football outside and one playing dodgeball inside.  Dinner was served an hour into the party, but not without first smoking Sara out of my house.  {we decided to take out the microwave and, hence, the exhaust the night before}  I had set the oven to 450 and let it sit much longer than I should have. {once the Buchberger boys showed up, I could barely see them across the room...an hour later}  The kids ate and then decided to open gifts.  Once opened, I planned for a group pic but the boys showed up and everyone decided to go play so I let it happen.  I told each of them they could have their cake whenever they felt like it.  Apparently Ash thought that was the best ever because she told her mom so. Instead of pics of the kids, I got pics of my decor...

                                     
 {I cannot help but laugh every time I see this because it looks like I'm being flipped off!}
                                                       {I love these green army gummies}






Kyle's kindergarten class went on a field trip to the farmer's market last week.  It was supposed to be a learning experience for the kids.  I think the adults learned more.  The kids did seem to have a good time though.  And we scored a deal on some gourds and kettle corn.  Okay, the deal was not the kettle corn's price but the 150 calories per entire bag!  Woot!
                                           {my kid is the one lounging at the back of the line}

I promised more pics from the family wedding we attended in August.  Here a few of my faves from the photographer...




This past weekend I kept myself pretty busy.  Spent time with fabulous people.  Giving a shout out to Warren Zweigle...here's some love, Z!  Thanks again for the drinks. ☺  Listened to some Karaoke Friday night.  Shopped at Target and played Trivial Pursuit Saturday night.  Had my awful spending habits rub off on my dear Christine.  New boots, new hat...She's looking HOT so money well spent.  Too bad she needed a coat!  Met two wonderful ladies I feel like I've known forevuh!  Jillian and Christine{II}, great to finally meet you and thanks for the hookup in Chicago.  Let me tell you all, however, that stayin' out late ain't what it used to be.  Friday I came in at 2:30ish. {Saturday a.m.}  It wasn't so bad because I slept in a little Saturday morn.  However...getting in 4:30 Sunday morn was not such a good idea.  I really needed to get my butt to church.  But I didn't get there.  I was awake in time, however, thanks to lovely Christine texting me about what else?  Not making it to church, of course!! 

We also trekked up north to Ludington Saturday to check out White Pine Village.  It was much too chilly to be hanging out outside.  We stepped in for some ice cream {and hot cocoa for me} and somehow the cocoa spilled all over Kyle.  Poor buddy.  I felt so bad for him.  First of all, he was burned.  Second of all, he was covered in chocolate and was so cold. Third, since our plan was to take some fall pics, he said the sweetest most sad little thing to Keith..."but mom really likes these jeans."  What a lover.  He was worried about my feelings.  He can be sweet when he wants to be.  Needless to say, however, we didn't make it through the whole village.  Nor did we get pumkins.  Or watch apples be pressed into cider at the mill.  Or get apple cobbler at the church.  But I did find some great little antique stores which will give me a reason to head back up there soon. {wink}

Looking ahead,  the Edukators are playing at Pub One Eleven Friday night. {supporting my hubby in thought only}  We have a party to go to Saturday, as well as a tailgating party of sorts afterward.  Next week is Homecoming with lots of craziness to take care of.  Hopefully I'm able to post again beforehand.

5 comments:

JT said...

When I read "bow" I got a little excited... and then realized it wasn't the shooting kind. Ha! : )

JT said...

Oh, PS- super cute decor!

Kirsten said...

I agree - very cute decor! LOVE the "K" ;)

And yes - they did look like they were flipping you off!! LOL.

Kirsten said...

I agree - very cute decor! LOVE the "K" ;)

And yes - they did look like they were flipping you off!! LOL.

Kirsten said...

WHAT??? Why did my comment post two times?