Okay, first, name that tune! I took a trip today. Down memory lane. Although I 'm not sure who's memory I was trippin' on. I decided to look up some music on itunes and chose easy listening 70s. Alot of the titles didn't seem familiar, but one click on the arrow and I was taken back...somewhere. I can pretty much remember which records my parents owned and these were not it. {reminds me of eeny meeny miny moe, which we've been doing A. Lot. Of. recently} I cannot remember the 8-tracks so maybe...?? At any rate, I burned through all of the boys' itunes money today. And then some. I couldn't contain my excitement. I mean, c'mon, Keep I'd Really Love To See You Tonight, Sundown, We're All Alone, Love Will Us Together, Laughter In The Rain...We had a little sing-a-long right here in the office.
Oh, and I didn't purchase any Air Supply.
I've been MIA lately. My schedule has emptied a bit and, for that, I am grateful. However, I may have been playing a bit too much as well. {also grateful} Swimming pools, happy hours, extra list making...it goes on and on.
Our reunion weekend at Barothy was a ton of fun. As always. My SIL and I, along with my MIL, hosted a bridal shower for a cousin-to-be. I think it turned out rather nicely. Good food, good drinks, fun games and great pics.
We had strange weather while camping. We still enjoyed the time away.
You can add ketchup to anything...{but you shouldn't}
This is the most excitement ever witnessed from kids while brushing teeth...
SCORE! I waited anxiously with my camera up to my eye, finger on the button for this moment. There are some things you just know. {like put your car in drive and you go forward, put your car in reverse and it goes backward, and if Andrew's excited he'll jump up and down}
The life of a teenager...really? It was 10:38am! No sleeping occurs on my watch past 10:32!
Lately, I've had a mad obsession with the color orange. Contemplated putting it in my bathroom with my new blue but since the project is {still} far from finished, I thought not. I've also had a bit of an obsession with finding new lamps. New lamps to me. I cannot fathom spending 80 on a pair of lamps, quite possibly sans shades, so I've been searching the thrift stores. I know I won't find what I want brand new anyway. I also know I can get pretty dang close with a can of spray paint. Last weekend we had our second yard sale. I was eyeing a pair of lamps Jo was selling and guess what? No, really, guess! My rocker was left over, too, and she was interested in it so we made the switch. I couldn't wait to hit Lowes for some beautiful Valspar lovliness.
Well, I hit Lowes. And I bought orange paint. I was a bit nervous about it and i don't know why. It's paint. Repaint if needed. So here's the thing. I super duper heart the orange lamps. Super. Duper. Heart. I took a picture but the picture does NOT do the lamp justice. {and I need another coat} I love them so much I don't want to repaint them. Ever.
And if my walls were actually gray like in this picture, I'd be all set. However, my walls are green-gray.
Keith walked into the room and said it looked like the Muskegon Heights Tigers...orange and black! {my furniture is all black} I had already noticed the halloweeny theme and thought I'd at least have less decorating to do come fall, but now that keith put it out there...it's all I can think about! I told Kristin I want to keep the lamps and put them someplace else. She asked, "Where?" That's a fair question. It's also one I don't have an answer for. How about two big, oversized lamps for the bathroom? Yeah. Nope. When I told my mom the same thing, her reply was, "Repaint the room." Enough said. Bottom line...I still have no idea what I'm going to do.
More. Much more. Too many projects. All half-assed. Cannot seem to finish anything. Ran out of money. But we do have a nice basketball hoop outside. Wonder if I can attach a spicket to wash our hands since that money should have been for our vanity and sink? I suppose if the bathroom was already done, my life wouldn't be half as interesting. I'm going with that.














1 comment:
Love the lamp! I had the same obsession w/ orange when we moved her and put in the bathroom w/ blue walls. I still love the orange part of it, but the walls turned out too teal for my liking. The two colors compliment each other nicely though. I'm with Kirstin, just throw the lamps in bathroom ; )
Post a Comment