The school had done away with teaming this year. teachers are not happy about it. Me, I just don't get it. I know it must be a great thing, but when I was in middle school, we all did the change-each-hour gig and it worked just fine. What concerns me is that there will now be 500 kids in the hall between bells trying to get from one end of the building to the other. That is something we rarely had to face. 3 of Andrew's 6 classes take him clear to the other end of the building, but never consecutively, of course. Eh, it'll all work out. Because of schedule changes, neither of the boys have a clue who's in their classes. Both are anticipating fun surprises next Tuesday.
After a very stressful week with a lot more lows than highs, we have gone from a.m. kindergarten to p.m. young 5s to...A.M. YOUNG FIVES!!!! Yay for
Hey, so we're tubing Sunday. Pretty funny, isn't it? Too bad we can't wear jeans and hoodies on the river. No worries. We're going to have a blast. {as long as there's no whining during our 4 hour trip} My only tubing experience was less than stellar and I've never been in a hurry to do it again. We used to get invited every year to go with friends, but it never appealed to me. Never say never, I guess. I chalk it up to childbirth. I swore I would never go through what I went through with Andrew and, alas, Kyle will likely be 5 in a few weeks. {yes, I said likely} What I could use is some quick advice. I was ill-prepared for my last adventure and it was just me. With the 4 others I imagine I should be ready for whatever. Advice, anyone??
So I grabbed myself 5 new cans of spraypaint the other night. I was shriekin' like a girl. Ironic, huh? I'm still trying to figure out the lamp thing, so the first color I picked out was primer gray. Yes, I covered the orangle lovliness. I really had no place to put those lamps so I am starting from scratch. I picked up a cool gunmetal gray, a red, {surprise, surprise} white and something that totally mimics my wall color. I'm sure that'll come in handy someday. I have no plans to change my living room wallcolor...just repaint it so it's fresh. Anyhow, all shades are in gloss cuz it makes the lamps look so yummy. All the fun pops of color seem to be too much for my walls so it looks like it's either black or red. I already have too much black in the room but I am heading to JoAnns to find some sassy fabric to change the ho-hum thoughts I'm having. I plan to recover the shades with a hottie print and my lamps will be smokin'. WOOT!
I started a new project {actually 2} last night. Of course I couldn't finish either one, but whatever. I was really supposed to be doing something else but I was side tracked. Both will be fun when finished.
I forgot to mention that we attended an absolutely amazing wedding 2 weekends ago in Jackson. The hotel was not amazing. It was actually the grossest thing I have ever encountered. After stained sheets, peeling walls, cockroaches {and this was in the daytime} and a 3 car police bust, we asked for a refund and headed to Lansing for the most comfy Comfort Inn stay ever. But back to the wedding...
K's cousin Rob and his bride Sam were married on Sam's parent's property. It was crazy raining {linen dresses and nude slingbacks don't fair well in the rain and clay} but stopped in time for the nuptuals. Sam looked gorgeous and Rob was certainly looking dapper. The wedding was short and sweet. Then the party began. A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I will post pics soon. The boys had a fabulous time. They got to dance the night away and boogie it on down. Andrew tuckered out and went to the van to sleep. Kyle never made it to the van.
My hubby was proud. Like father like son...
Haha. This just cracks me up every time I see it...
A very rare photo of Caleb. This could be worth something someday...
What's the YMCA without the Village People??
Shut your mouth...there was a little ass-slappin' going on...{but I cannot show that picture ☺}
Almost outta here. Heading to Muskegon to get supplies for {so many} projects. Oh, and hope the rain holds out so I can paint the trim on the back deck and front porch. {I'm in the wrong season}
Have a happy holiday weekend.






1 comment:
I think I am finally caught up on your bloggy! So happy things are falling into place for you your family for the new school year. I am trying to imagine Whitehall Middle School with 500 kids in the halls, and I cant do it. Wow, do times change.
Loved the orange lamps. But I see why it just wouldnt work. An option might have been adding more white to the rest of the room, but not sure that would have been an answer. Curious about you new fabrics for the room, Maybe a rusty red orange would do those lamps justice? Yellow is trendy right now too. I give you lots of credit for playing with color so freely!!
Post a Comment