Catchy, huh? I guess I haven't felt like blogging lately. Even today I'm having a hard time getting any words out. I think they are all having a lovely time in my head.
My sweet baby turned 13 Saturday. My, how the time seems to pass. Thinking about what to say brings me back thirteen years and all I can do is smile. Caleb changed my world. Forever. He is so amazing. Even his quirks aren't annoying. Right now. Must still be in bliss mode. I can't ever say enough about him. My first born. What a joy.
We planned a party for him, knowing the possibility of friends missing out was an option. All-Stars happen this time every year. Very dear friends miss Caleb's party every single time because of baseball. At first Caleb didn't want to wait. Then he thought about postponing the party. Looking into it, the first available sopt is in September. The weekend of Kyle's birthday. I wasn't about to postpone one for the other so we decided to keep it as is. All last week the weather played the game. I wasn't sure what to do about a Plan B so I did nothing. The joys of {teenage} boys. Saturday morning 2 different stations announced 100% precipitation. You can't fight Mother Nature. I headed to Meijer to pick up food and Keith cleaned the garage. We had a cement pad poured earlier in the week so K bought a new hoop and put it together Saturday afternoon. There was absolutely no stress. I'm serious. There was nothing I could do so I did nothing. The boys could dictate our plans and that was just fine with me. The weather turned out fab and Caleb had a great day. Nine friends were able to come, four played in the baseball tournament, two were at camp and one other just couldn't make it. These kids are getting so old. It's been fun so far, but it seems a little odd. I can remember being 13 and it really doesn't seem like all that long ago. {please keep your thoughts to yourself}
As the boys left, one by one I asked them, "Do you have your phone?" Now that was pretty odd.
With the party behind us, we are focusing our attention on the upcoming weekend and following week. K's annual weekend reunion at Barothy Lodge is this weekend and we are hosting a shower for a soon-to-be relative. No surprise, I have to get to Muskegon to put the decorations together for that. One thing at a time. I've done all the laundry so I can ration out clean clothes for the week, weekend and next week. We leave the lodge Sunday in our van, head home to grab the camper and head back north {?} with the truck to camp for the week, meaning the camper also has to be packed before we leave Friday. That's a lot of undies for the fam!!! I cannot wait. Super duper excited.
The bathroom reno has been stalled. Again. {sigh} Ah, I've gotten used to sharing a bathroom with 4 boys. It's been kinda cozy. Still need a part for the shower, need to caulk the tub and toilet, need a mirror and towel bar, oh and...we need a vanity and sink!! Funny enough, we gutted the bathroom and even changed pipes in the other bath but we didn't want to get in over our heads by moving the plumbing. Silly kids. I'm having a hard time finding a vanity that doesn't look silly sitting off centered on the wall. Truthfully, I had $400 left in the budget {well I had $2400 left so I bought cement} but since I couldn't find a vanity I instead used the money to purchase a new hoop! Hand sanitizer all the way, baby!
We seriously need to get a move on since school starts soon enough and I don't want the early morning traffic waking me up every day. Fat chance, I'm sure, since football camp runs all week and then we're off for another week and when we get back, football season officially starts. Hmm, maybe by Christmas??





No comments:
Post a Comment