4.21.2010

It Only Took 2 Hours And 48 Minutes...

Oh, how I long for time.  I sound like a grandma which, coincidentally, speaking of grandmas, my mother so matter-of-factly pointed out the other day that she was my age, 36, when my grandma passed away.  Ouch.  Damper on the day.  What I mean is I long for time to myself.  For stuff.  An empty feta cheese container reminded me of this.  I thought, "No, don't throw it away.  It can be used for storing something scrapbooky since it has a clear container with no label on it."  What is scrapbboking?  I kind of forgot.  Shoot, I'm still using last year's pictures on my header because I don't have time to take anything except sports pics.  Yeah, yeah...feel sorry for me.  But just for 13 seconds.

Yeah, so my mom just kind of blurted this whole 36 thing out Sunday at Andrew's party.  At the time I just thought it was sad and changed the subject.  Monday night, however, I lost my mind.  I flipped the channel to One Tree Hill, which ended up being a rerun.  Glad I decided to watch it again because it got me thinking about the conversation and i cried my eyes out.  I cannot imagine losing my mom.  Ever.  But I can't even fathom the idea of losing her now.  Today.  As I am 36.  Not conceivable.  I love you, mom. {and I called her to tell her that}

Lots to tell, lots to show.  Someday I'll play with PhotoShop again and show fun-ness, but for now, all raw. {I have to use the potty right now but am too scared to because we have a bird in the ceiling trying like mad to free himself and I'm afraid of that thing swooping down at me.  How's THAT for raw?!}

Easter. Went to church, then over to my parent's for an egg hunt and dinner.  I have approximately one gazillion eggs from a scavenger hunt I put together for Andrew's birthday a few years ago, but only have 5 different colors.  We were going to make a list for the kids so all 6 would get the same number, {like another scavenger hunt} but Caleb told me he was too old.  I reminded him it was at gram's and his friends wouldn't see him and stressed to him the contents inside the eggs.  No budging.  Sad. {but I think he was sad, too, so gram made up a bag just for him}


Since September 2007 I have wanted this.  I saved the magazine and referred to it often.  The original is from an InStyle Home magazine from that date.  This one has the lyrics to Heaven by Bryan Adams and is hanging over a couch in Molly Simms' home.  She found it at a French Flea Market.  Hmm.  I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it.  Not Heaven, though.  And I wasn't planning any trip to France.  The only memory I have of that song  is holding hands with Jeff Noordhoff in 7th grade, skating at Holiday skate rink.  My hands smelled like mustard afterward because Jeff had just eaten a hot dog.  Great memory, but not really appropriate.  I wanted it to have meaning to me.  My wedding song.  Perfect.


I finally commisioned an artist...a real artist...and here is the finished product...


My heart goes pitter patter for this.  Missy rocks!!  Now I need new lamp shades.  Never done white before.  So very new to me. {maybe it could've been a bit wider, but my heart still beats on}

Soccer started Saturday.  Coldest day ever.  Andrew played on a field the size of a football field.  I think I need binoculars to enjoy his remaining games.  It was hard to follow along with both the distance and the cold grabbing my attention.  I didn't take pictures.  I probably will at some point, but really, I am so over sports pictures.  They all look the same.

I did, however, take a few shots of Kyle because it was his first game ever.  And he was playing his rival Ashley.{in more ways than one} He wasn't first in, so I guess he thought he needed to rest up.


My little man did not disappoint.  He's a bit wild and unruley, and he certainly goes full force {extreme sliding and all} but he rocked.


And he scored...




And so did Ashley!!


And then they met up on the field.  At the same time.  It was tough because we would cheer for Ash when she played and obviously for Kyle when he played.  Poor Isaac was confused the first time neither was playing.  He couldn't figure out why we were cheering for the burgundy team!  He thought we should be cheering for the yellow team, like him!  When they were out against each other, all the parents probably thought we were crazy.  We cheered for our teammates by name and threw Ashley in there, too!


Goalie against goalie.  Neither were scored on.  Rockin' good time.


Andrew's sleepover went very smooth.  Kids got little sleep, but I think they all survived.  Mom got little sleep, too.  Andrew had to clean up crumbs and the rest of the general mess, so mom survived after all. ☺  The kid made out like a rock star {thanks, friends} so we are shopping at Target tonight. {mother and son gift cards. Swoon}

Party # 374 was Sunday.  Had the Hoffman clan over for grilling and dessert.  Had yummy buttercreme frosting...the only way to have cake in my opinion...and last, but not least, opened more presents.



Stay tuned for the big bathroom catastrophe remodel.  Part I.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Mom should have NEVER made that comment. That thought is just to horrible to imagine. Let's not go there!!!

On a happier note, I love the art. You are right, Missy is awesome and I am happy that you got your art that you have been waiting for...for so long!!!!

Soccer was awesome. The "twins" did a great job. What a fun way to start the season. Good luck Andrew with the rest of the season. I hope we can make it to a game.

JT said...

Great job on capturing those soccer moments, super cute pics!

Can't wait to hear about the bathroom and see progress... somewhere other than my home remods : )

Mandy said...

Oh Jodi! Great pictures of your little man and all his happiness!!! Way to go Kyle!! Also great pictures of Ashley and her goal scoring!!! AWESOME! I seriously am pushing Madison towards Kyle because that boy has lots of athletic ability! I believe he will be famous one day!! Keep up all the great work!! Again...Way to go Kyle and Ashley!!

jennie said...

OK a post full of awesome-ness(not sure how I missed it last week) But the new art? Can I just say
W-0-W! I love it in every way, shape and form. Great idea, and made beautifully. Totally dreamy:)