4.15.2010

10 + 1...

April 15.  Tax day.  The anniversary of the day my grandma died back in 1989.  Andrew's date of birth.

Happy Birthday, my sweetness.

Andrew, Drew, Drewz, Drewzie, Drewzie Magoozie, Drewz Magooz, Drew Magoo, Andrew McGee...by any name, my second born.  I truly remember that day like it was yesterday.  Or even this morning.  Kristin was my keeper back then and, wouldn't you know it, she went shopping in GR with her girlfriend the night before.  And her phone was turned off.  It was just Caleb and I at home.  Pat was working .  @#$%!&*$#!!!!!  My contractions started and were KILLING me.  I crawled stepped into the shower to try to ease the pain.  I was on my hands and knees crying.  Nothing was helping.  I just screamed and cried.  I finally called Pat to come home.  Can't remember if I finally got ahold of Kristin on her way home or if she made it home, but once she did, I was off to the hospital. 

I have to tell you I have never experienced the kind of pain back labor delivers {pun intended} before or beyond that day.  Andrew was my first natural birthing experience and it was anything but normal!!! 

Aftr 14 hours of nonstop, yucky labor, my little Andrew was born just a tick past noon.  Funky head and all.  {ooh, for polite purposes, I am not sharing the cone head pics with you all...}

{and excuse the strangeness of the pics...my printer is not hooked up so instead of scannning, I chose to take pics of pics...}
















We started the birthday festivities early by shopping for class snacks and sleepover goodies last night.  We forgot a couple of things, like birthday donuts and game rentals, but it's all good.  I baked cookies, then sent Keith to pick up suckers.  I tell you, I have the most dislike for my Pampered Chef baking stone.  My cookies ALWAYS flatten right out. Blah.  After dinner and showers, Andrew opened his present from us.  I planned to wrap them all separately {you've gotta know Andrew} but since Keith would be at school by the time Andrew got up this morning, we needed to get 'er done last night.  So bag it was.

This poor little nut wants so badly to fit into "cool" clothes.  By cool he is referring to adult xs vintage fit tees from AE or the like.  AE has a kids line that we shop frequently, but apparently the men's sizes are what it's all about.

Super excited about this tee...must've asked me a trillion times to wash it so he could wear it today to school.
Andrew is a huge skull-n-crossbones kind of guy.  I was thrilled to find this stainless steel water bottle.
{notice the jammie pants?}  Tennie sandals...Tendals?? Sandies??
And, of course, a Skullcandy silicone skin for Andrew's ipod.  I scored this treasure at TJ Maxx in TC. {bad visual} Couldn't wait to give it to him.  He loves him some ipod nano.  He's a video making fool.  Santa is a smart man.  Now both him and his gadget ate ghetto fabulous. ☺


The party didn't stop there.  Name on the board in two different classes.  Suckers for friends.  Favorite dinner at dad and Jen's tonight.  Praying for a thunderstorm so practice is cancelled.  5 friends over tomorrow evening.  Family over on Sunday.  More presents.  Family over shortly after that as well.  More presents.

Ahh...to be 11.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday my favorite Andrew!!! You are a gem of a kid who will (for sure!) make 11 look great!!!

Hope you birthday weekend is stellar!!!

JT said...

Ahh, love, love, LOVE the "Keen" sandals, super sweet! And what a beeeautiful baby/toddler he was- still is! : )

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

Janine said...

that was me, Janine duh.

Kirsten said...

WOW what a special weekend planned! Jodi - you not only rock as an Aunt, but Mom too!!!

Have a fabulous weekend, Andrew!