I took Ashley shopping for her birthday Monday night. She looked so cute in her pretty dress and polka dot sandals. Yummy. We stopped at Hob Lob for a personal purchase but to entice the young one, we scoped out feather boas as well. Turquoise. Perfect. We walked over to Target and picked up a load in the $1 aisle. We also picked up a Hannah Montana umbrella and sunglasses. Before I knew it, we were pennies away from broke and we hadn't yet made it to the sacred Claire's Boutique. We made a beeline for the register and out the door we went. We stopped in Younkers long enough to peruse their goods for a photo-op.
{"Bon jour, honey. Bon jour, beautiful." I think she forgot about her red hair and white skin}
Gosh, I love this girl. She da bomb.
Anyway, we hit Claire's and I remeinded Ash that we only had a little money left and tried to sway her toward the clearance rack since we all know it about the quantity with little girls. Seriously, when I brought Allison home, we counted how many things she got. Let me tell you, the clearance rack was much better when I took Alli. There was nothin' good there this time. It didn't matter anyhow, since Ashley fell.in.love. with lipglosses disguised as a cell phone and a beautiful pink heart necklace on a long silver chain. Oh, but wait. The we found out that the makeup is buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. Oh, goody. Honestly, I cannot remotely remember what she picked as her 1/2 off item. Something ghetto fab, I'm sure.
Check out the similarities...
Happy Birthday, dear Ashley. May today you feel as old as a mom, {her words} for tomorrow you'll still only be 5, with a long life ahead of you.
Oh, and Anne Geddes ain't got nothin' on me...





4 comments:
How very fun! I wish I had an aunt like you... happy bday, Ash!
Aunt Jody...when are you taking me shopping!! The girls are very lucky to have an aunt like you. Love the picture of Kyle!! Very cute!!
Ok, first, that picture of Kyle, LOVE it!!!
Second, everyone has had such a wonderful time shopping with their Aunt Jodi. It was very kind of you to do that for them. All of their treasures have been perfect. I do think the umbrella and pink gem necklace were the hit!!
Jimmy would like to plan his birthday shopping date next...is Claire's in his future as well???
How fun for Ashley to have a fun cool Aunt like you!! Looks like it was a great day :)
Happy 5th Birthday Ashley!
Post a Comment