Wednesdays Kyle plays at Aunt Kristin's house after school. Yesterday Andrew was walking home from the bus stop when Kristin was also heading home and she picked him up and he stayed to play.
I got home from work last night and I cannot remember whether it was Kyle or Keith who basically said, "So, did you hear what Andrew ate today?" Okay, so of all things...and all people...?? I asked him why he ate a worm and he replied, "Everyone says they don't taste too bad." He had me hooked. I asked him what the worm tasted like and he said rather simply, "Strawberries." This coming from the kid who'll walk into a room and say that it smells like lettuce in there or the one who'll comment that watermelon bubblegum tastes like mac-n-cheese. Disgusting. I told him to {please} never do that again.
Caleb and I went on a date the other night. He needed basketball shoes and baseball pants and wanted sliding shorts from gram Stratton for Easter. He got basketball shoes and sliding shorts, as well as baseball pants for Easter. {the shorts were a bit more than the pants} We turned it into a date because we never have one-on-one time together. Someone else is always
As for today, Kyle is at school for now and then he'll be heading to a fun party at Shelly's daycare for an egg hunt and another fun surprise. Andrew has soccer tonight. I hope he really steps it up this season. I was so proud of him during the winter session. He felt he had something to prove and he was fab. I hope he keeps the spirit.
Caleb starts baseball Monday. I cannot wait. He's gonna look mighty fine in his ball uniform. Okay, that's a little sick, but seriously, I love boys in baseball uniforms. Hate to disappoint, Aunt Kristin, but he may not be what you're expecting. His pants fit nice in the waist and butt, but his skinny thighs certainly do nothing to fill out his pants. And he thought his thighs are big...not anymore. I'm also excited to be hanging out with two of my girls, Sara and Christine. What a way to pass the {spring}time.
Hanging with said girls tomorrow. And their kids. And my other two girls. We're packing picnics. And playing ball. And catching some rays. Okay, okay...the kids are playing ball. We're strictly catching rays.
Skipping ahead, I offered to run over the Easter Bunny. This way I can buy my kids a little something for Easter and the dumb bunny can quit his day job. What does he have to do with Easter anyway? Too much hoopla. So if anyone feels the same way I do, I'll gladly take one for the team. My van is paid for but I still have full coverage on it. If I have to run him over a few times, I will. It's covered. I have a good insurance
agent.☺
{In case you are still checking my blog, Warren, this is for you.}
Had a great time Saturday night. Went to the Chamber to listen to the EduKators. They rocked. It was a full house. Great to see. Ironically, had breakfast the next morning at the very same table I sat at the night before. Where but in Whitehall does this kind of stuff happen?


2 comments:
What is thights???
For the record, I am not looking at his thights, I am looking at his butt!! I know anyone else reading this will not know what I am talking about because you are going to change it once you read this:)!!!
The running over the Easter bunny thing makes me think of Allie McBeal and Anne H. going to court and saying "pancake, pancake". Loved her!!!
Also, not my fault that your son ate a worm. He told me, I didn't believe him. Maybe I should rethink letting the kids play alone outside.
First of all, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit... a WORM?? Really? ick.
Secondly, if you feel the need to run over and over and over that Bunny - you've got my blessing :o) I'm ready to be done with it all too. Call me a party pooper if you want, but I'm just ready for them to know. Does that make me a bad mom???
And third, I'm bummed I won't be sitting there at the ball field with you watching Caleb. I wish Drew were playing. BUT...I do hope to see you at the soccer field - my Drew said he is sooo thrilled to have your Drew on the same team :o) We've got the best Drew's!
Post a Comment