3.24.2010

{Almost} All Things Girly...

I loaded pics last Friday with the intent of blogging over the weekend.  It's now Wednesday.

The twinsters celebrated 7 years last Friday.  I thought it was fitting to take Allison on her first auntie/niece shopping trip.  As it worked out, the library was also offering fun activities the same night we picked to shop.  We layed out our plans and away we went.  I first introduced Alli to the world of Claire's.  Apparently, this is a store you can only shop with your aunt. {according to her}  First, she took everything in.  I thought she was uninterested, but she was really just scoping out the goods.  Alli had told me she wanted hair stuff, jewelry, makeup, shoes, clothes, purses...  I wasn't sure what to think when she kept going back to play phones and stuffed pets.  I wondered if she just wasn't ready-my kind of ready.  Oh, was she ever...
We were having fun trying on and taking pics...
Until I was snapping her in a Birthday Girl banner.  What are those pagent thingys called?  Yeah, one of those.  We were standing in front of the stock room door, ready to take a pic, when the girl walked out.  I snapped my photo quick like and apologized for being in the way.  The girl then said, "Oh, pictures are not allowed in our store."  Give me a break.  I was so flustered I cancelled the picture instead of saving it.  Dang.

All was not lost.  We still had tons of fun and Alli made out with major beauty booty.  {or is this type of booty bootie??}  A pink feather boa, 20 colored hair pieces, 7 rings and matching sticky earrings, zebra print glasses, tie dye nail polish, green sparkle nail polish, cheetah lip gloss, a kitty bag to put it all in and I think that's it.
We spent our money, glammed all up and headed to the library.  Two of my cheerleaders were there, reading a book about cheerleading and aiding in making poms.  Right up Alli's alley. 
There was a fun carwash set up with people blowing bubbles at the kids as they crawled through and spraying them with a water bottle at the end.  A big hit with Kyle.  There was also a duck, a chicken and a baby hen...
Yes, a real duck, chicken and hen!!!
There was also pizza making...
And airplane flying...
Didn't see much of Kyle.  He was there with Keith and usually in the car wash.
I took Alli home and the others were waiting anxiously for her return to see her loot.  Ash was over the moon with all the gifts and declared, "Aunt Jodi's taking me to Claire's for my birthday, too!"  Isaac, on the other hand, was quite sad.  He interjected, "She always gets more stuff than me."  I felt lousy.  I explained to him that the legos he wanted had tons of pieces but he didn't think it was the same.  Girl trinkets are always in abundance.  I cannot explain that to a 7 year old boy.  What I could explain to him was that I would take him to the pancake breakfast Saturday {with boy cousins, of course because what boy wants to shop with his aunt as a treat?} and then shopping for whatever he picked out at Target.  Game on!!  Two nerf guns and extra {glow in the dark} ammo later, we were all tied up.  Glad I could help.  And from what I hear, I made another family memeber a little green with envy.  I hear my BIL felt the need to get himself a toy, too.  A little bigger and better than his son's...Jimmy, if only you could have waited until your birthday...;) Ha!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thanks Aunt Jodi for taking the big kids shopping. They both had a wonderful time and loved every minute. When we were at the mall on Saturday, she even pointed to the store and told Ash "that's the store you get to shop at with your aunt!"

I will let Jimmy know to expect a shopping trip to Target for whatever he wants too. He will probably want a pancake breakfast...oooh, a waffle breakfast (with strawberries!!) thrown in there too!!!!