Okay, so I think it was 10:18 when the Vikings finally lost to the Saints. And it was 10:21 when Kyle finally lost to the Sandman.
It was a funfilled night at the Stratton home. Between syncing itunes, laundry, typing a letter of recommendation and the game {play, pause, repeat} there was not a shut eye in the house. I was doing a favor for Caleb. Keith was doing a favor for me. I, in turn, was attempting a favor for Keith. Add a little Favre commotion and BAM! Total mass chaos. We were all taking turns running between rooms giving the play by play of the battle wounds and interceptions. Poor boys. The desktop is in the boys' room so the lights stayed on. Caleb kept getting out of bed and Kyle was just a madman. Andrew wasn't phased, except to intermittently interject something about #4. Total fans in my house. I thought there'd be tears. Caleb said "forget it" when the game went into overtime because he knew he'd be hurtin' this morning. Unfortunately for him, his well-meaning bro didn't let him miss a thing. {I think Kyle was still ticked in his sleep over the Vikings' defeat...notice the scowl?}
Poor buddy had a bad dream to boot.. He dreamt that a monster took him out of his bed, took him to McDonalds and left him there. I thought that was a dream-come-true to a 4 year old! My bad.
Costumes are coming along for the play this weekend. Dress rehearsal is Wednesday and I've volunteered to take care of the lollipop guild. I''m slacking slightly. The costumes are random, but still pretty cute. I was advised to get a brightly colored tee instead of a plaid top. I ended up with bright orange tees, forest green sweatpants, {with a new hemline} and green and white striped thigh-hi stockings. {best I could do} I added white felt collars and my mom is working on the little elfish looking booties. I messed up yesterday and bought enough felt for...3 feet. As in 3 legs. Oops. Have to go back in the a.m. for more felt and those funny little beanie hats. You know...the ones with the propellers on top? I remember Aaron Carr wearing one during the 1985-86 production and it has stuck with me since then. The boys definitely need these. I'm thinking Party City or whatever it's called. Cross your fingers for me.
This is the week. Rehearsal every night and the performances start Thursday and go through Sunday afternoon. Andrew is sooo excited. He has already moved on to his next endeavor, though, which makes me crazy. We purchased music last night for him to use for talent show tryouts next month. Last year, I spent $ and time and brain cells on vocal removal software and this year I bought better quality music for 1.99. I hit a button, downloaded the music and ta-da!! Done!! Now on to learning the words. I purchased the instumentals with NO backup vocals and WOW! what a difference. I have no idea how he'll pull this off. Yowza.
Did I mention spring sports start in April? And that Kyle will be playing soccer? And Walk-for-FUNds meetings are starting? WOOT!
I am hoping for a full squad tonight. At least until play practice. The plan is to finish the dance. Lost a girl to strep last week so we are more behind than we were. Tonight was supposed to be 2nd cheer. Oh well. One more month to go. Then a much needed break. {minus youth basketball} Planning the birthday bash. Cannot wait for March.
**remember my disclaimer. I did not even proof-read this. A new, big step for me. It's my blog afterall, right? If it doesn't make sense, you'll still get it cuz I normally don't make sense. Happy Monday.

2 comments:
I sure hope you're not planning your own birthday party! ; )
gee's girl you are sooo busy, Andrew is going to do wonderful in the play :) cant wait to see it :)
Post a Comment