Kyle received his first black eye. You know, like a gift of some sort. A sweet young thing decided to swing Kyle around in a circle and into the chin of another boy. He looks tough, poor kid. Between the chipped tooth and black eye, I'd say he's ready for hockey.
I'm not sure if I'm more surprised by the fact that Kyle was tuckered out simply by watching Andrew play with this toy or that Andrew actually left Kyle in his room without AndrewVision!!! Either way, it was super cute to stumble upon this.
I was cleaning out a buttload of junk special school projects and came across this piece of lovliness. I love the detail Andrew puts into his work and am especially fond of the second drawing. I don't know why. I think it looks like a reptile or something. Cute.
The boys are out to make some fat cash. I believe a little thinner cash is in order, though. The most work they've done is shoveling the deck. In their defense, they've done it twice. I am so tired of picking up the house, especially when I haven't been around for days, and the boys aren't too good with chores. I've decided that, beyond what they are required to do to live in my house, {I don't mean it harsh like it sounds} I would put a price tag on every task and allow the boys to decide how little or how much money they want to earn. I figure it's a good lesson all around. I think they are too old to be constantly reminded and I'm done so this is perfect. For us. For now. The boys are looking forward to our Traverse City trip next month and love to shop while there. I sure hope this doesn't blow up in my face. Andrew is already content with earning 5 bucks by returning pop bottles tonight. He figures that by adding it to his current stash, he'd have a whopping 20 bucks. Reach for the stars, baby. I think he has no intention of doing optional chores. Ah, so to reword the first statement here, a boy is out to make some fat cash. Oh well.
Two weekends ago we headed to the Grandville mall. K had bought me some fancy boots in one of the stores there and I needed to exchange them. We made a day trip out of it and had a great time. My children really need to step out more often, though, because I cannot count how many times they hooted and hollered about the awesome mall and how big it was and how we should move to Grandville. Why, you ask? So we could live by the mall. Anyway, the boys took in a movie while I shopped it up. Oh, that was the plan. Until the first stop. I had money in the bank, but my debit card had a crack in it and could not be swiped through the machine. No problem IF I had my drivers license on me. No license=no id. No id=no debit card purchases. No debit card purchases=a very unhappy-and-bored-for-2-hours-Jodi. Stupid shopping trip. The plus was that the boys felt very differently...
Caleb didn't fall asleep. He was too excited about his snow goggle purchase.
Kyle hates his winter coat. But not before he loved it and had to have it. It has a liner and the liner constantly pulls his sleeves up and it makes him crazy. The zipper has also caused him angst. The darn thing separates constantly and he cannot zip it up himself. Leave it to his sweet cousin to step up for school. It's funny, Ahley can't stand the sight of Kyle isn't always so fond of Kyle, but sometimes she is his best friend and they are going to marry someday. This day was one of those kinds of day. She offered to help him zip his coat for school. Shocking. Those two act like siblings so often that I kind of forget they aren't. I really hope they grow up having that same love/hate relationship and remain close forever. ♥
This weekend I'll try to catch up on my fam. We've been a busy bunch, with no real end to the craziness in sight. Love it.
**DISCLAIMER...I've changed my formatting, I guess you'd say, and I lost my spell check. I do NOT plan on re-reading my posts every time I post something so bare with me. ;)










2 comments:
Kyle told me the other day that he likes his black eye now and that it's so coowa cause it wooks wike eye bwack. He gets that from you Jodi. Love ya.
thats fuuny how excited your kids get about the mall. Mine think Muskgegon is a BIG deal. I start to think that maybe they need to get out more too, but dont you like to see all that excitement? I'm not going to take that away from them;)
Post a Comment