1.29.2010

{My Little} Lollipop...

Last night was the big opener for the Wizard of Oz.  Andrew had a blast and has been so excited that he hasn't (yet) needed all of his sleep.  We pulled into the garage at 10:49 last night.  I helped Andrew wash his face and sent him to bed.  He was awake with Caleb this morning at 6.  I, on the other hand, was still sleeping like a baby.  I never heard Caleb come in the house this morning. {and I always hear the door open}  I was awaken, instead, by the chit-chatting between the two boys and the sound of the shower.  Andrew remembered to take a shower this morning, like I said, but I totally meant at 7...not 6!!  Mama Bear was not a happy camper this morning.  The house is normally really quiet until I get up to take Caleb to the bus.  Grrrr.

Off track.  All went well last night.  At least behind the scenes.  I hear there was some sort of technical difficulty going on in the auditorium but I wasn't there to witness it.  The munchkins were contained in a room from 6:30-10:30, minus their stage time.  Rambuncious toward the end {and who wouldn't be?} but well behaved otherwise.  There were snacks, games, books, movies and other stuff to keep them occupied.  Makeup went on much more smoothly last night.  Eyeliner is tricky.  Putting it on a "virgin" is trickier.  I wanted to pin Andrew down and prop his eyes open with toothpicks but I thought it best to try another approach.  I did, however, pry his eyes open with every finger on my free hand, as well as a couple that weren't being used on my other hand.  Glad I don't have girls...?  Maybe I won't go that far.  It was kind of fun dolling him up. ;)

Tonight is night 2 of 4.  Andrew loves the stage.  Looking forward to sitting in front of the stage tonight.

No comments: