10.15.2009

Yay Or Nay...

Andrew always cranks his glasses into his face. His ears are also uneven. Put those two together and there is just cause for not being able to see his eyes. He has gorgeous eyes. I reminded him for pictures to keep his glasses straight. I forgot to tell him to push them up so his eyes show through the center of the lenses. Eh.

There were a million and three choices for pics this year. Like 14 backgrounds and 2 poses. One with hands. One without. Fun for me, {not so much} I got a little of both. I haven't decided whether or not I'm doing retakes. I look at the pic over and over and it really depicts him. He is so Alex P. Keaton. I call him that often. He reminds me so much of that character. He isn't offended by it. I mean it in a super sweet loving way. Can I deal with the hands? I dunno yet. Andrew's solution is to cut the bottom off the picture. Yeah. No.
{the actual picture is much better. This was propped up with a paper towel roll and taken with my camera phone. And there is that protective coating on it so you cannot duplicate it. And the dude's got a big forehead. Wnder where he gets it from? ;)}
Yay or nay?

Can you put together a costume {minus one given to you} for 3.00? Yay or nay? I went to Goodwill today for a little looksie-loo. I ended up with a new package of tissue paper, a new tablet of paper and a navy blue tie. The total was 3.18. How funny is it that I had to write a check? I didn't plan to go there and I had no money. I counted out my change on the counter and I only had 2.93. I should have put something back. I didn't. The point here is that the tie is for Kyle's policeman costume. Yes, I previously blogged that he was going to be spiderman. Boys. The bummer is that I didn't get a very good {will} deal paying 2.00 for the tie. It wasn't marked. Otherwise, I would've done something else. Anywho, the only other thing I need is some ribbon to sew down the pant legs of the pants I have at home. Lucky for me, we have the other essentials at home. I love that Kyle gets to wear K's name plate thingy and that his stuff will all say his name on them. How fun is that?

Caleb also changed his {costume} mind. The washer doesn't "sit" well in a desk situation so at first he thought about Elvis. I had found a wig and was gathering mad sequins. Saturday, he decided to be Mr. Potato Head. Fun. I can make the entire face from felt but it will be a flat face. OR I can buy 3-D pieces, glue or sew them on, and make it more fun. {and challenging} 3-D fun? Yay or Nay?

Kyles' school pics are today. yesterday, after school, Kristin called me to ask me if I had done Kyle's hair for school. Of course I did. Basically put, she said it didn't look like it. I always do his hair. Andrew is the only one who can possibly get away without his hair being totally done...and that is possibly. Today I decided to slick his hair down {he goes to daycare before school} with only water to make sure I had a fresh slate to work with later. I brought along a water bottle and gel and did his hair in the van in the parking lot. Surprisingly, I kept his hair down today. No pony tails for him. ;) Seriously, I always gel it up, either just in the front or all over the top. My kids and their crazy hair. Would you go through all this to have a good picture? Yay or nay?

I need a new 'do. Bad. This current style is gettin' old. I've had a variation of the same cut for 14 months now. It has certainly lost it's cuteness. I HATE bobs. Not in general. just on me. I really like the theory of the front being longer than the back. But then I'm back to current. And I want a new color. Okay, so that has been the case for 11 years now. Funny, I've tried my "natural" color twice before and cried both times. {duh} The third time highlights were added. The color was great. From the back. I just couldn't handle it around my face. I love blondness but I've been finding that my hair matches my face matches my lips matches my teeth. DO I really want to have all of that the same color? Yay or nay? I have the answer for that one. NAY!!!! I want a contrast. I want a change. The last time my hair was dark {'03} I received a few "you don't seem like yourself" comments. I was in no way offended. I actually got it. I kind of felt that same way. Right now is my January. You know, when everything is blah and nasty? October is way too early for that. Must be that I haven't tanned in months. I gave it up.

Hahahahaha!!! I stopped typing and came back to this and HATE [above} caught my attention. I thought it said "I HATE boobs!" Oh, and for the record, I do!

Looking forward to the weekend. It is my last bought with concessions. Woot! It's really my last bought with Lil' Vikes responsibilities! Double Woot! Are you happy for me? Yay or nay?

3 comments:

JT said...

Andrew's picture- yay. I don't see the fuss about the hands.

Going through the hair hassel- yay. Definately worth it. The boys are soooo handsome with their 'dos all done up.

Needing different hair- YAY! Was just there myself and am SUPER happy with the newness.

TRIPLE YAY for being done w/ Lil' Vikes!

Kirsten said...

I personally like the picture it's very Andrew - and I mean that in the best possible way.

I'm a Yay on the boys' hair - I love the gel/intentional messy look.

And I'm so YAY on your hair! It just feels super good to get a new look!!! Unless of course it's just not you like you had before...hmmmm I wonder if you still did the blonde but maybe not as much, but also added a caramel color for the fall season? I think that would look good on you, but not too dark and it wouldn't wash you out.

There you go - you asked :o)

Christine said...

Jodi you are too funny... I just love ya!! I like the pic of Andrew~so yay. Yay on the boys hair.. I am always amazed by how well put your boys always look! Mine always look halfassed with hair all over the place and what not! The new do is a yay too! It's always fun to try something new and I like Kristin's idea for the color. I am up for something new too. I, too feel like it's the Jan. blahs! I think because it's been so blasted cold for about 3 months!!!