Kyle is telling jokes. Apparently, he gets that gene from Caleb. More specifically, he got the I'm-bad-at-telling-jokes gene from Caleb. Heaven help us all. {he got...nice English. ha}
I heart my header. It cracks me up every time I'm on here. I can honestly say I am embracing Kyle's personality. It usually makes me crazy, especially when I want him to sit still and smile, but lately the pics have been fun for me. tehe.
I heard this morning that 81 kids were absent from Ealy yesterday. Frightening. Also yesterday, Keith called to tell me that, after arriving at practice, Catholic's season is done. Apparently North Muskegon forfeited the game because their school closed down yesterday. Keith said he would have only practiced with 12 kids himself {11 on the field, right?} because of sickness. Today, Muskegon Catholic is also closed. This swine flu thing is out of control.
Soccer has officially started and football isn't even done yet. Andrew's team {1st place} has a playoff game Saturday and Caleb is playing on the all-star team for the two weeks following that. Their first soccer game is Friday. We are not yet prepared. Tried to be, but aren't. Monday evening I drove to Muskegon just to turn around because of naughty boy syndrome. Yesterday I made 3, count them 3, separate trips to Muskegon to be prepared. Foiled. Halloween shopping is mostly done. I just have to put it all together. The shoes for soccer...yikes. Our plan is this-Andrew will get a pair of low top court shoes. He'll be able to wear them on turf and then for basketball. Caleb's basketball shoes still fit him and he currently keeps them at school for phys ed so he'll get a pair to wear on the turf, but ones that'll convert to school shoes afterward. Neither are getting classic indoor soccer shoes. I'd like more bang for my buck. I found the shoes at Dick's for Andrew, but not in his size. There was a pair of sweet basketball shoes, but the toe was too soft for soccer. Caleb also found a sweet pair at Dick's, but mostly suited for school. Again, not soccer. We ran over to Dunham's as well but they had nothing. We ran out of time because Andrew needed to be picked up from practice, so we headed home. We even missed the Whitehall/Montague volleyball game, which we were really looking forward to attending. Bummer. Keith is home today so hopefully he will have some time to run to MC's and maybe even Kohl's. If nothing else, I may see what Payless has for hard toed shoes and pick something up there and get the boys the sweet shoes at Dick's. Friday is fast approaching so I gotta figure it out.
Still up this week...Midweek tonight at church, practice tomorrow night, game Friday, game Saturday football mega party on Sunday, as well as finally wrapping up the pop can fundraiser. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment