10.30.2009

Party Fun Is Bittersweet...

Last weekend was playoff time for Andrew's team. Did I already blog this? I'm not surprised that I don't remember. Andrew's team lost, to the other Whitehall team, with an 8-0 score. It was a great game to watch with one bad call. Either way, so proud of ALL of those boys. Whitehall rocks.
Sunday was the combined team party. How lucky were we? It was held at the Young's farm and there were about a million and 2 people there. Fun, fun. Kris orchestrated this whole gift thing for the coaches Caleb's team because most of them are moving on as the team is moving up. Not to the East Side, but to the Middle School, in case you were confused. She picked up footballs for the kids to sign for each of the 5 core coaches and gift cards for all 8. Radium was there to allow parents to order action shots from the season, {love how knowing people really helps out} there was tons of food {and by tons I mean TONS left over} fun games and goody bags to boot. Last year, for the doughnut eating contest, the stuff was hung from poles and they dangled freely as the kids tried to eat the treat without it falling to the ground. A last minute oversight caused the doughnuts to be eaten from the table. No biggie. Lucky for me, all 3 boys were up against each other at the same time. Unlucky for me, some kid kept putting his big head in front of my camera every time I tried to get a picture of Andrew actually digging in. Oops. Did I just say that? Sorry to the mom of the kid with the big head. I'm sure his head wasn't big. Those darn lenses blow everything out of proportion. Yeah, that's it. The lens does that. Not me. None of the boys won. On the bright side, they aren't the pigs I thought they were. ;)


Coach Rake gave a small speech but said he wouldn't cry until the awards ceremony. I'll be there for that.
We're moving on to bigger and better things. {until Kyle can play ball in 2012} I am excited for change, selfishly speaking. I will now get weekends off during fall. Yippee Skippy. {funny how rhyming words aren't always spelled similarly} K and I can finally get back to Traverse City falls. Yuh-uh-ummy! Even with the excitement, I will miss Lil' Vikes. Not the stress or lack of support, but the fun little family I have been a part of. And I feel the pain of the person coming in after me. So much so that I have already agreed to volunteer for a few specified things next year. If I get frustrated and say NO WAY! later on, it's all down on paper. I've already committed. Please remind me of it. I will certainly miss it. Guaranteed. I enjoy helping my children and helping out with their projects. I want to be hands on all the time. Somebody warn Mr. Russell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: