10.12.2009

Walk Like An Egyptian...

Hodey hum. Where do I begin? The beginning I suppose. So many pics to share, none of them really good. Nonetheless, you'll get all this and a slice of pie. Just don't offer any to me. My 5 year anniversary is coming up and I want to look goo-ood! Mm! {with a slight grunt...and short! not drawn out} Okay, that made me laugh. Whatever. Isn't it funny to read 5 years? How bizarre.

Last week was spirit week at school. The only pic I took of Andrew is the one from wacky dorky day. It really wasn't called that. Interruption # 2...Kyle spilled a Shirley Temple all over himself the other day and I was miffed cuz' we were at the mall and I started saying, "Oh, Kyle. Now you look like..." Kyle asked, "A doke?" Okay, so maybe I call him a dork more often than I should. Noted.

Should have corrected the color here, but eh. Andrew didn't quite look dorky enough with his original attire so I scoured the costume box and came up with a few extras. The elf pants (aka pirate pants from a previous dress up} were NOT made solely for this occasion, Kristin.

Friday was Homecoming. Long story short, it rained until the game so the parade was cancelled. It was also the varsity's Black Out game. I forgot to take pictures of the boys {well all of us} in their Tackling Hunger football tees. The varsity's black jerseys looked sweet and the crowd participated by wearing their black tees. I think the jerseys were donated by an anonymous donor. Awesome. Worked concessions again. Only 'til halftime. Weather turned out great for Friday night spectators. Still really chilly, especially for the little queenies.

Saturday was game day. What, you're shocked? It was Absolutely. Ridiculously. Bone-chilling. Cold. Outside. At least our games were done before the rain came. Poor friends got stuck in that crap.
This picture is funny for obvious reasons. Um, like Kyle is NOT a Tallquist. His new fascination is wearing the boys' old sports clothing. He has given up wearing his Viking jersey gram bought for him. Instead, he wants to wear Caleb's old Lil' Vikes jersey. Cracks me up. The boys like their names on the backs of their shirts. Me, not so much. Not because of the name or anything silly like that. I like to share and sharing becomes difficult with a name on something. It doesn't work for Kyle and it doesn't work for other littles I can share with. Abbi wouldn't look too cute in most of the boys' stuff.
After the games, Keith rushed to MCC for the rest of his game. He really is fabulous and I don't tell him near enough. {or like ever} I remember telling him years ago, in our dating phase, on the phone, on his machine, a laundry list of I-promise-tos and I know I've fallen short. He coached Caleb's game and missed most of his own. Simply put, he said it was because he wouldn't miss Caleb's game. Love you, K.

Caleb also went to Catholic's game so Andrew, Kyle and I headed to eat at Red Lobster. Hey, I cannot disappoint my guy who played sooo well. {Andrew suggested it. I super swear.}

We met up with Kyle and Caleb at JCP to shop for the winter wardrobe. Keith got 2 woven shirts, 2 ties, a pair of dress slacks {funny word} and a sport coat for $80 and some change! WOOT!! The sport coat was 180. marked down to 30. and 1/2 off that!! 15. smackaroos. Dude.

Sunday was Funday. The bus left at 7:30 from Pamida to De-troit! Kyle was in the bathroom within 3 minutes of departing. Thank goodness for charter buses. We were supposed to arrive at Ford Field at noon, but I think we got off the bus around 10:37ish. {ish really didn't need to be said with an exact time, I suppose} We all walked around, taking in the sights and taking some photos. {shown in no particular order}


Caleb tried his arm at this little throwing booth. BAM. Poor Sam couldn't even get it in.
Ha. How could I forget to mention the confiscation of my beloved camera? I knew from go that I couldn't bring my zoom lens so I didn't even try. The rules stated 50 mm. Perfect. my factory lens would have to do. Never mind that Andrew will be the size of the football in my pics. So I was moving through my line, getting searched and getting my bag searched. No big deal. The the lady, rather abruptly, states that I cannot bring my camera in. I told her it was fine and that it was a 50mm lens like the rules stated, when she informs me that it was a 55mm lens. She told me there was no way that camera was making it in the stadium yesterday. She wanted me to walk it back to my bus. My bus was gone. She called security, who told me the same thing...my camera was not going inside. He asked me if I brought another lens. I told him this was the smallest I can get. Dang. He kindly walked me to the help desk or whatever where I had to check my camera in and leave it there. {sad face} I completely forgot that Kyle dropped my factory lens last summer and broke it and I bought a new one, a better one. Would have been nice to have remembered that. I wouldn't have gone through all that for 5 measly mms.

The kind lady at the check desk did tell me about the ladies upstairs doing free face painting. Bingo. Something to take my mind off stuff. Nobody wanted anything to fun. Bummer. Kyle didn't even want a lion.

Kyle smeared his eye black from crying really hard because he didn't want to pee in the girl's bathroom. He decided to protest at the potty for what seemed like forr-eevv-err! "I won't go potty in da gew's bafwoom. I won't." I heard it over. And over. And over again. Rationalizing didn't seem to help, so I just stood there. As we washed our hands, a lady came up to us and said that she wanted to give both of us a hug and some other stuff. If she had, I would have cried.
The Lions played hard. It was a good game. Especially since the Steelers, in theory, should have killed them. Instead the final score was 28 to 20. The Lions should have tied it up in the last minutes of the game but the QB made some really silly mistakes. Mistakes that I knew were mistakes. Now that's just silly.

The Lil' Vikes Dynamite teams {Andrew and friends} played on the field at the half. Squint and you may be able to see red. What an exciting opportunity for those boys!! The boys played really well. Our little team even pulled off a TD. Way to go, guys.
I marked Andrew on this pic and the next so you can find him without squinting too much...
...and this one...oh, geez...in the bigger pic you can see Andrew's white shoes. Funny. Here, not so much. Oh well.






We got semi lost after the game, went totally the wrong way back to guest services, couldn't find our bus and headed in the wrong direction looking for it but all was good. We stopped for dinner and made it back to Whitehall right around, um, 8:40ish? Just enough time to stop for an orange for Caleb's class today. It was too late to do laundry {don't want it to sit in the washer overnight} so K had to wear his new, unwashed pants to work today. Eh. Better luck tomorrow.
Tomorrow I may venture out and finally change my name with the Social Security office. Or not. I really need to get that done because last year the school actually made my paycheck out to Jodi Hoffman since it was the only for sure-ity with the State. Oops. Really gotta get that done in '09.
Looking forward, Huizenga's party is Saturday. Good times. Cannot wait. Regular season will also be done Saturday for little football. Super Saturday is the week after. Andrew is in for sure. Caleb still may have a chance. Soccer starts the following week for both big boys. Cheer is a few weeks after that. Lots to do before then. Giddyup.
And what about walking like an Egyptian? I dunno. It just felt right.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jennie said...

Great Fantastic huge post!

And just so you know, I just changed my name at the ss office last spring. Jason has joked for years that if I didnt by our 10th anniv, that he would leave. Such a meanie, but I did it with a couple months to spare. Now he's stuck with me forever;)