I was sooo looking forward to the weekend last Friday. With the rain coming in, we had already planned to miss the football game. It was a pretty ho-hum evening. I fell asleep on the couch way too early.
Saturday I was up early to pack the van for concessions. It was then, about 15 minutes before I was leaving, that I realized I forgot to thaw hot dogs! Boy oh boy. I should have known then. Instead, I kept going and managed, at two different times, to miss the road I needed to turn on. The weather was strange. No rain. Then rain. Then no rain. By the time the boys played, it had cleared up. I left my camera in the van since I didn't feel like dodging raindrops. Dumb luck.
Andrew's team won and they stayed first in their age group. Two more regular season games and then Super Saturday. Regardless of the outcomes of the next two, Andrew's team will for sure be playing. As it stands, he is slated to play against Whitehall's other dynamite team. How cool would that be?
Caleb's team started strong, but was defeated in the end. They were ranked 4th going into the game so I kind of figured they are out now. Buchberger doesn't think so...not yet. Our next two games should be wins, so we'll have to see.
By the time we got out of the stadium {after coach chats, concessions cleanup and kid roundup} it was near 8pm. So much for snack and movie shopping. We headed home, showered up, made hot cocoa, grabbed snacks from the pantry and picked an already owned movie. Kyle had fallen asleep so K put him to bed. Gremlins. Not unanimous, but whatever. I was asleep within 10 minutes. I swear. I woke up once to hear, "This is scary!" It was Andrew. The child who picked the movie. I told him everything was fine and fell back asleep.
Yesterday we finally made it to early church. Hooray. Did they change the start time? I got there at 8:15 and had to walk in the middle of Pastor speaking. We ended up in the second pew...which was the front row yesterday. And Communion. I was first. It always freaks me out.
After Sunday School, we headed to Lewis Farms for apples, treats, pumpkins and fun. It was so stinkin' cold, though, that it was a short lived event. The elephant arrived as we were packing up. I promised the little one we'd make another trip. I also plan to take him to Country Dairy. We had an interesting conversation about what Caleb was going to do with his dead deer and ended up talking about cows producing milk.
We did some other fun stuff and made it back home just after the Lions started. It amazes me how slow time moves when I'm not moving. Actually, I moved quite a bit yesterday, finally collecting summer shorts and putting them away, not to mention the LOADS of clean laundry that finally got sorted. But ironically, every time I checked the clock, I still had tons of time. I imagine I would get it all in order if I could just slow down. Done. No football tonight for me. I have a pretty easy schedule this week. I plan to get a lot done.
Doofusses...spelled correctly or not, I can account for 3 of them. {well, really 4 of them, but for the sake of this post...}
One little sneak...I am finding that this little mutt is kind of fun to photograph. His personality, the one that drives me utterly bonkers, keeps coming through in his pics. It is actually refreshing.
Today K's dress code changed. Long sleeved shirts and ties. The poor boy doesn't have enough to last a week so I bought him a white shirt and fun tie from Meijer to give him an extra day. Dude. Seriously. Hey, the tie was only 7.49. We desperately need to get his clothing allowance check. And quick!
Oh, and so cute this morning. Kyle asked me to write a letter to his dad because he was naughty. sweet, right? We were rushing like mad to get out of the house but it was so darn sweet that I had to take the time. I asked him what he wanted it to say and I wrote it for him. He signed his name and then basically added a p.s. Ha, is my sweet, loving little four year old peaking out from the mad man currently residing in my home? I won't get my hopes up but my fingers are secretly crossed.



3 comments:
Kyle is just too cute! And if this was a slow weekend....then I would hate to see your busy weekend!!
The letter is just too priceless!!!! You need to FRAME IT! SO CUTE!!!!! What a weekend....gotta love fall!
Great shots, cant wait to more than sneaks:)
I love these posts, a little peak into the life. And yours is a busy one!
Post a Comment