9.09.2009

So, today was a bit different than I anticipated. My little guy turned big today, that is for sure.

I have to throw in yesterday's recap real quick, but first I have to back up to the weekend. We were having a conversation about school starting {Kris, Kirsten and I} when phys. ed. was brought up. It never occurred to me that I should put any thought into gym class. Um, it was brought up that the kids may be showering and that equals supplies!! We were not ready for that. Showering already? Yikes! Shoes were also brought up. Hello? Who doesn't think of shoes? Me, apparently. Luckily, I was calm enough to remember we have basketball shoes for now. Caleb didn't like the idea but I wasn't buying new shoes until mid fall. His summer Pumas still look great thanks to a little magic erasin'. Anywho, I went to Walmart and stocked up on a few essentials. {but forgot a towel} The body scrubby is negotiable {Keith doesn't want Caleb to get beat up} but I picked up refillable bottles for shampoo and body wash and, of course, deodorant. {no soap on a rope because I don't want Caleb to get beat up} Since we were unsure of the shower situation, I also packed deodorant body spray. Nothing much ended up happening in gym class, but Caleb did find out showering is optional. We'll see this afternoon how that all panned out.

Andrew's day was just as great as he anticipated. His homework included a bag to be filled with summer goodies and a note to be signed by me. He was equally excited about that since the return of it meant a treat for Andrew. The little things.

Oh, and how could I forget this statement made by Andrew as he was getting ready..."Oh, I need cologne... {yeah...} {in his best unintentional Barry White voice} ...to impress the ladies!" Hysterical.

Okay, I think we're good.

This morning, Caleb's alarm didn't go off. Luckily, I didn't sleep well and was up at 6am. I got Caleb to the bus stop. His bus came at 6:51. Andrew got up with Caleb so he was basically ready when I got back home. I turned on Kyle's light but let him sleep awhile longer. He woke up on his own and was so excited to get dressed. He picked out his clothes last night and we put them out next to his bed for this morning. We loaded up and took Andrew to the bus stop. His bus came at...hey, I meant to know this for future reference. Hmm, I think his bus came at 7:47ish?? We headed back home for the last time so I could finish getting ready. Kyle and I left around 8:40 for preschool. He reminded me to take his picture...
Dang, ain't he a cutie??
He wanted to take another at school. Today was not the day to argue with him.
On our way, we had a conversation about rules and manners. Like washing hands after peeing. "I know, mom." I also reminded him to flush the toilet after peeing. "Why?" I told him Mrs. Simon and Ms. Bell made it a rule. "Is Mrs. Simon the boss?" I imagined the answer being used against me later so I told him both teachers were the boss. It satisfied him momentarily.
Kyle turned shy as soon as the preschool door opened. {maybe because of the flushing rule} He was okay once I reminded him that today I'd be staying. He couldn't wait to play but snack time was a close second favorite. He was way excited that he could ask for seconds of both milk and animal crackers.
At first glance, this reminds me of my life. However, Kyle wasn't being uncooperative. He was actually doing a rolling motion with his arms just like Mrs. Simon.
Now this...this reminds me of my life. I told him next time he'd have to sit on his bottom. Like the rest of his friends.

Mrs. Simon was warned by not just myself, but Kristin, too, about these two. She assured us both that there would be no problems because they would spend very little time together. Good call, Mrs. Simon. {if you follow Kristin's blog, you'll be blessed with my life again, as Kyle did what he normally does in pictures}
Woot! Happy first day of preschool!! I cannot believe this little s&%t is such a big boy. 12 more days, I'm telling you...he is going to wake up on the 21st and be the most wonderful, thoughtful, pleasant, well-mannered little boy on the planet. Either that or I'll be placing an ad in the paper.
**Caleb just stopped in. I asked him about the shower situation. He said he won't have time to shower. I asked him if he loaded up on the deodorant spray. His response was, "Ohh, I loaded on the spray." {nodding his head with raised eyebrows} Love that kid.


Oh, hey, check out my new specs...but not the zit on my chin. Someone must have forgotten I am 35 freakin' years old!!! Come on...my body must know, cuz I feel the repercussions. Every. Single. Day. But cute glasses, yes?

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

VERY cute glasses - yes! Kyle looked adorable for his first day and I'm sure in 12 days, he'll be just the same most wonderful, thoughtful, pleasant, well-mannered little boy on the planet!!! He's a gem. And thanks for the info about gym class...should we buy stock in deoderant spray??

JT said...

Super cute glasses and super cute little man! Preschool...crazy! I hope you get everything you've ever wanted for HIS 4th birthday : )

Christine said...

Way to go Big boy, Kyle!! Time goes by so fast, doesn't it?? I had troubles sleeping that night too. I was afraid we wouldn't wake up in time to get Jacob off to school. The whole gym thing freaked me out too. Our kids don't usually have time to shower either and Jacob has it 3rd hour so yuck.... sent him off with spray and deodarent for everyone elses sake!! They need a middle school handbook just for the parents!! Anyway...love the glasses!!!