Life is {dare I say it again} crazy busy. Back in July, {I know, I know} Caleb celebrated 12. Wow. I cannot remember whether or not I mentioned this, but he had a weekend long celebration. Originally I was taking Caleb and a friend to Michigan's Adventure. He decided a week or so beforehand that he'd rather have a few friends over. I took them out for pizza and a movie. The boys slept over. I stocked the basement with snacks and pop and they played flag football until dark and then played games until...?? I had a shower the next day to attend and when I got home, we all loaded up to head to my mom's for dual celebrations. My momma turned another year older that Sunday. We had dinner, cake and ice cream and went swimming. The next day we headed out for vacay.

Skipping ahead, August 15 was our 3rd annual Lil' Vikes golf outing. We weren't going to do it this year because of the lack of participation compared to the endless hours everyone had put into it. This year, however, times are a changin'. We have a new varsity coach who just happens to be our new AD. He is very interested in helping us to help him. The outing turned out fabulous. We had 22 teams and TONS of volunteers. I kept hearing, "Ask the girl in the red shirt." That was me, by the way. I was overwhelmed with all the support. The team below won the contest. Coach Holden is pictured to the far right.
{How sad is it that I am checking my calendar to remember what has been happening around our house?} Last Tuesday Kyle visited the dentist. Technically this wasn't his first visit. He started seeing one when he first chipped his tooth last August. He had a horrible experience both times he has visited her so I decided to make the switch to the dentist the big boys and I all go to. I took pics because this is my first time with him. Keith has been the driver in the past. He did so well. He focused more on the hygienist than he's ever focused on anyone else. Ever. He was such a big boy and such a good boy. He even sent me out of the room. Sweet little pea. {and check him out...does he look like Andrew or what? Hell-ooo}

I went to stunt camp Friday with the varsity girls. It wasn't really the appropriate setting to video tape. I hope I remember some of what I learned come November. I was scrambling for a Whitehall tee. Like I wrote on FB, how is it that I've always lived in Whitehall, {close enough} I spent my entire school-hood in Whitehall, my children go to school in Whitehall and I coach in Whitehall and yet! I don't have any Viking apparel. I have winter stuff and Caleb has a bunch of tees for me but they are all basketball or football related. Whatever. I guess I'll have to {darn it} go shopping for some goodies.Ha ha...in case you are interested, tomorrow I am heading to varsity practice from 7-8:30, I have an eye appointment at 10:30, Caleb has a hair appointment at 12:45, I am meeting Kris at Sam's at 2:15 for concessions shopping and the boys have football practice at 5:30. Love days off...when do I get one?? I really want to spend the time with my boys. Next weekend we are camping and I cannot wait. Great friends, wonderful family and NO PLANS!!! What more can I ask for?
1 comment:
We are soooooo excited about camping!!! Enjoy your "day off"...???
Post a Comment