Darn. My super attempt at a yummy looking, albeit tasting, lunch has been foiled. You should see this vision. It is a mix of greens with sliced strawberries, feta cheese, walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Problem? No fork. I've been carrying around extra spoons because of the same type of foil. I cannot believe all the forks are gone. No clean ones. No dirty ones. No metal ones. No plastic ones. It is pretty enough not to eat it with a spoon. Sigh.
I cried for Kennedy this morning. It probably started because he's an icon. The tears poured once the news replayed his passing of the torch speech for President Obama. It was like I knew him personally. Maybe it is because of this... "Massachusetts Senator Edward Kennedy died after a battling a brain tumor at 77. "We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," a family statement said. "We thank everyone who gave him care and support over this last year, and everyone who stood with him for so many years in his tireless march for progress toward justice." Kennedy was elected to the Senate in 1962 when his brother John was President. He served as a senator longer than all but two other senators in history and became known as the "Lion of the Senate." He was instrumental in the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act and the 1993 Family and Medical Leave Act. " What a man.
Yesterday I happened upon a conversation between my two eldest. I thought it was funny, so as I was pumping gas, I stopped a sec to scramble for a piece of paper and pen from the van to write it down...
A: You need to start practicing puckering up. {this is when my ears perked up...couldn't figure that out. then I realized he was sucking on a (sour?) sucker.}
C: Why? {with an annoyed/puzzled look on his face}
A: Because in 7th grade...if it happens to be...
C:Oh, NOT in 7th grade! {disgusted...but maybe that's because that is when I turned around to look at him!}
Does this mean Caleb thinks it'll happen sooner than 7th?? Geesh...hope not!
Aha! Found a fork in my bag. I must've known I'd need one eventually. The new dressing isn't all that and a slice of pie, but the strawberries are amazing and cheese is always my friend.
Did I mention a bit back that Kyle dropped my camera lens from about 15 or so feet in the air onto concrete? I replaced it for 150.00 and last weekend Keith dropped my point and shoot on it's lens and broke it. I love, LOVE, love my Canon but my little Nikon that K bought me for Christmas has been great. It tucks into pockets and is always in my purse. Just because. I am lost without it. And I want my pics off it. I don't have a card reader at work and, although I do at home, my Internet has been less than friendly lately. I have nothing to share. Sob.
Hey, fun news. I picked out some new dress glasses. {as doc calls them} Sassy. The front of the lenses are purple. My current fashion craze. The sides are like silver with purple leopard print. Rock On. Lately I've been sportin' plum eyeshadow, eyeliners and mascara. It is to make my hazel eyes stand out. Actually, lighter purples do that job much better, but who can pass up Bad Gal Lash mascara? Hello. Anyway, there is always bad with my good. It seems as though I am falling apart. In the last week, I have had to fill out two different forms listing all meds I am on. Already sticker shock. Now I find out my eyes are funk. I guess they don't "cross" early enough. {my words, not the pro's} Oh, so now I have a reading prescription. But since that would be too many sets of glasses to have to wear in a day, I could just get bi-focals. Bi-focals?? Good God. Oh, and because I tend to "see" things in the road that really aren't EVER there, not only do I need polarized prescription sunglasses, but I should get Drive Wear. It sounded to me like I'd wear those for driving, but they aren't dark enough for sunglasses, so I'd need those too. In my mind, I saw myself changing between 4 pair of glasses daily. Absurd. Buchberger may be able to clear some of that psychosis up for me later. I only opted for the cute new glasses. Now I just have to wear them.
Caleb is struggling a bit coming up with a nickname for himself for football. When asked what his friends refer to him as, his reply was, "Caleb." Okay. He has come up with HOT HANDS or TIPPY TOES. I know the latter is a bit strange, but if anything, don't people get nicknames for something they are known for or known to have said or did? Anyone who knows Caleb knows he has always walked on his toes. Wonder where he gets that from? I think it is fitting. Besides, doesn't Caleb Tippy Toes Tallquist have a certain ring to it? Andrew came up with Long Head for Caleb. It's a dead ringer for him {??} but I think he'll pass.
Had fun with friends last Saturday night. Picked up some girlies on the way out to Buchberger's and then headed to the Starks for their end of summer party. As soon as I got to B's, I realized i forgot Christina B's birthday card. Meant to send it in the mail. It is now Wednesday. I'll bet Chris hasn't received it yet. Darn mail. {oops} Speaking of mail, I've been waiting since last Wednesday to get papers in the mail for registration. Monday I picked up copies in the office. Ours showed up yesterday, the 25th. They were postmarked the 18th. Nice.
This is how I intended to run this blog thing...to put in whatever the heck I wanted to, rambling and all. Today, I succeeded in my mission. Lovely.
Andrew has a scrimmage tonight. Preschool orientation is tomorrow. 3 kids. 3 school buildings. A junior high-er and a preschooler. {and one in between} Next year I'll have 2 junior high-ers and still a preschooler. Yay me. Game Friday night. Games all day Saturday.
**I hear we are going to have a box set out for spaghetti dinner donations for a family who's child has been diagnosed with a rare cancer. Please, please collect what you can and either bring it to Whitehall's field Saturday or talk to me. Thanks a bunch.
Sorry for typos...didn't want to spell check today. ;)
5 comments:
I LOVE purple eye stuff!!! And I think I have just the funnest (word??) stuff to show you. I have purple.glitter.eyeshadow!!!!!! I have silver too, but that just pales in comparison to purple. So fun!
Some possible insight to the boys' conversation: The other day Caleb mentioned to Patrick that in 7th grade he thought he'd be ready to start looking for a girlfriend. Patrick told him you don't really have to look, it'll just kinda happen. You'll find a girl and start to like her and hopefully she'll like you, and walah. There was, however, NO talk of kisssing so not quite sure where the "puckering" came into play. But just as Caleb said, and you thought, "NOT in 7th grade!" I'm hoping (and guessing) he means LATER, not sooner! : ) Very cute.
PS- Abbi is currently rockin' out to your playlist : )
Oh, and yes, it is the jacket you got for Abrielle. It FINALLY fits her (size 6-12mo - and WITH the sleeves rolled)! Ha! : ) She's gotten so many compliments and she's worn it once... great choice!
Too funny! I hope johanna is enjoying this post; I know she is:)!
It is good to get it all out...especially good that you found the fork!
Caleb has everything planned out..."he is thinking 7th grade is a good time"...love that kid!!! I told him just to get the first one out of the way:)!
Hussy...have to spread your kids out so many years~♥ OK, not sure how that makes you a hussy, but REALLY wanted to use that word!!!
I love this post. Its what blogging is all about. Living your life, but having time to remember the best parts:)
Post a Comment